Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

When I was young my parents use to buy me Barbie dolls; Cosmetology

buttlondra 1 / -  
Hi my name is Alondra Serrato I'm 17 years old soon to be 18 and live in a small city located in the suburbs of Orange County. As a child I always imagined myself in the cosmetology industry and owning my own salon one day. I remember seeing my mom putting her make up on and I would try to do the same things as her. As I grew older I grew passion towards make up and that's when I realized I wanted to be a cosmetologist.

When I was young my parents use to buy me Barbie dolls like every other parent, but I wasn't like every other child. I use to cut the dolls hair off and imagined I was a hair stylist. My mom obviously saw all the crazy things I use to do with them and laughed, because she knew I was small and didn't know any better. Overtime maybe around middle school, I developed more affection into it and started practicing on friends and family whenever there were special events. Every person has something they loved to do as a child and growing up; mine was hair and make up.

When I love to do something I always put all my effort into it. I want to pursue my dreams and accomplish everything I've been wishing for, for a very long time. Being a cosmetologist can take me very far in life. I've always enjoyed making people feel good about them, because cosmetology is the definition of beauty and everyone deserves a high self esteem. Therefore it takes the right person to make one person feel beautiful.
As a child I always imagined myself in the cosmetology industry and owning my own salon one day.

Tell exactly what you visualized as a child... for example, applying make up on beautiful ladies etc. You wouldn't have known much about the cosmetology industry when you were a kid. So, tell the reader what you really imagined like a child. That would be more catchy and convincing too.

I remember seeing my mom putting her make up on and I would try to do the same things as her.

This is good. Get a start with this sentence :)

Home / Letters / When I was young my parents use to buy me Barbie dolls; Cosmetology