Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Rogerian Essay: A Letter to My Parents

taiyaki 4 / 3  
Dear Mom and Dad,

It has been 20 years since I was born and grew up under your care. First of all, I want to say that I really appreciate everything you did for me. I am really thankful that you are not only my parents but you are also my irreplaceable friends. Since I was young, every time I got into trouble by my stubbornness, you were always there to support me and give me the right advice. I know that without listening to you, I wouldn't be able to grow up to be an adult like today. However, just for today, I would like you to listen to my opinions.

I'm already a second year college student and I have almost finished all of my lower division classes. Since I decided to take part in an engineering major, I have to think about whether I should transfer to an engineering school at CSU Cal Poly or I stay here and apply for CSU Sacramento as you recommended.

I really value your opinion about making decisions for my future. I know that you want me to attend CSU Sacramento because you want me to have a good school life. I can't deny the fact that this school is really near our house, and it has a good program for engineering major. I know that you don't want me to worry about anything else but studying while I am still in school, so you suggested that I go to a local school. I admit that it will be easier for me to concentrate on my studying if I can stay under your care during my time in college.

However, as you and I both want the best for my future, I would like you to consider about my decision of transferring to CSU Cal Poly.

I believe I can get a better education if I can transfer there. CSU Cal Poly has been named the best regional university in the west in a new survey by Carnegie Communications. Moreover, the number-one ranking in the Carnegie report showed that more student than ever consider Cal Poly a top choice in their college decision process. In general, its popularity is a lot higher than CSU Sacramento. Since I decided to choose my future path as engineering, it's better for me to continue my education in a top-ranked engineering school like Cal Poly.

The environment at that place is very peaceful, so you don't have to worry about my living and my safety. Cal Poly has a good university housing system for freshmen students like me. All Cal Poly on campus living options are designed to support students' academic success. The best thing in this system is that students are allowed to select the place on campus where they will feel most comfortable and able to work towards academic success. I shall be fine over there. Together with my new friends, I will be able to take care of myself.

This school also has a lot of connections to other companies and industrial cooperation such as HP, Canon, Chevron, Siemens, and Webcor Builders. Compare to other universities, students graduating from Cal Poly have more chances getting a good job. There are also a lot of training programs for current students in there in various fields like: electric, civil, architecture, mechanical, and chemical. That's why there's a very strong chance that I may get involved in some type of research or training program while I'm still in school. With the experience built up, it's easier for me to get a job after I graduate.

Finally, I want to say that I'm very concerned about my future. When I made my decision, I did all the research and considered carefully all available options. I would like you to consider my opinion about transferring to CSU Cal Poly. I will try my best to study so that I will not upset you. At the bottom of my heart, I will be very happy if I can receive support from you.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning.

What is the prompt or assignment requirements for this essay?

Thanks.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP taiyaki 4 / 3  
Actually, this essay requirement is to convince someone in a nicely way, under a letter form. I chose the topic to convince my parents to let me transfer to the school as I desire.

Please help me to fix it.

Home / Letters / Rogerian Essay: A Letter to My Parents