Home / Letters   % width Posts: 6

Research on missiles; cover letter- PHD in astronomy

kalyani 1 / 2  
respected sir,i dn't know how to right cover letter for ph.d.i 'll introduced my self and abt my carrer by seeing this plz tell me how to write a cover letter.

respected commitee members,
i am writing this letter to apply for ph.d xxxxxx in xxxx university.i am waiting for this opportunety for doing ph.d adversited in xxxxxx datedxxx.while doing my bachlor degree b.sc computer science,i got interest in doing reseach n poster presentations on missiles conducted by DRDO i had particpated in that.this boosted me to explore my knowledge in research.in my masters degree especilisation astronomy i got so much interest in astronomy and partipating in summer school at pune IUCCA all this made me to explore deep into the subject.i had did small project work on star formations.my interest is cosmology but i dn't know how to start my research work.i wanted to do work with my profs but i didn't get the chance.i had completed my m.sc in 2007.still am eagarly waiting for getting chance. thank u for considering my application.

kalyani
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Yes, you seem to understand the purpose of a cover letter - to introduce yourself, what you have done, and what makes you qualified for admissions to the Phd program in Astronomy at this institution. You should also attach your curriculum vitae summarizing what you have done to date (work, education, publications, achievements plus letters of reference.) Be sure to use spellcheck and grammarcheck.
OP kalyani 1 / 2  
thank u so much smith.
Rajiv 55 / 400  
Respected commitee members,
I am writing this letter to apply for Phd xxxxxx in xxxx university. I am waiting [writing] for the opportunity for doing Phd advertised in xxxxxx datedxxx.While doing my bachelor degree B.Sc computer science, I got interested in doing research and poster presentations on missiles conducted by DRDO and I had participated in that.This boosted [encouraged] me to explore my [own aptitude]knowledge in research. In my masters degree [with] specialization [in] astronomy I got so much interest in astronomy and partipated in summer school at Pune IUCCA all this made me to exploring deep [further] into the subject had [as well as] doing a small project work on star formations. My interest is [mainly] cosmology, but did not know how to start research work. I wanted to do [also] work with my professors but did not get the chance. I had completed my M.Sc in 2007 and am eagerly waiting for [an opportunity such as this ] getting chance .

Thank [yo]u for considering my application.
kalyani
OP kalyani 1 / 2  
hey,thanks Rajiv,u made corrections in my letter only its simply super.
Rajiv 55 / 400  
You're welcome. I wish you make it for the Phd program.

Home / Letters / Research on missiles; cover letter- PHD in astronomy