Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Recommendation Letter for a postgraduate position

teefa 2 / 2  
Dear Sir or Madam,

It is my pleasure to recommend Ahmed Omar for admission to the Information Technology program. I have known Ahmed for the past few years, both as a professor , an assigned supervisor of his graduation project and even outside school personally and this gave me the chance to gain insight into the student's abilities and personality.

Since the beginning of our collaboration Ahmed has showed himself as an intelligent student, who takes care of every single detail. During my lectures Ahmed has always been attentive and concentrated, he used to be quiet and this made me suspicious first about his abilities, but I later found that he always been perceiving study material profoundly, he even impressed me when I saw his notes. After a while this quiet person turned to an active one who has consistently taken an active part in classroom discussions and seminars, bringing in a lot of comments and interesting presentations. In completing tasks and assignments Ahmed has always demonstrated a very positive attitude and always been on time.

Working on a graduation project under my supervision, Ahmed has shown very good analytical skills and desire to learn a completely new program. By using a broad interdisciplinary approach, he and the team accomplished an exceptionally well project taking in mind it was there first time to use MATLAB, which showed a very good results.

Ahmed seems to be highly enthusiastic about everything that relates to technology. He is maintaining continual self-learning and growth through IT tutorials. This has helped him to gain good understanding in the field. Ahmed's perpetual seeking after new knowledge and experience must have determined his decision of taking academic program abroad. He always has this dream, but unfortunately he had some financial and family issues (as his father died after graduation) that prevented him from pursuing it, but I am sure he's 100% ready now.

I would rate the student's overall performance as far above average. He has very good grades in most of the attended courses.

At a personal level, Ahmed is a well disciplined, responsible student with a pleasant personality. He has always been friendly and extremely respectful. He has actively participated in sports activities, provided by our university and some volunteer work. Ahmed is a broad-minded, organized student, who has the enthusiasm to learn anything even from beginning and is well prepared to new challenges.

For all these reasons, I would highly recommend Ahmed. He is an exceptional candidate, who would contribute greatly to any program. Furthermore, I believe that studying at your university will provide him with valuable experience and will help him deepen understanding of the subject he is interested in.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Shokhusrav 10 / 27  
but I later found that he had always been perceiving study material

an active one, who has consistently taken an active part in classroom discussions and seminars, bringing
I have known Ahmed for the past few years, both as a professor , an assigned supervisor of his graduation project and even outside school personally and this gave me the chance to gain insight into the student's abilities and personality.

... specify the number of years. When you say personally, do you mean as a friend ? Otherwise, do not tough on that aspect.
I have known Ahmed for the last ???? years in the capacity of both his professor and a personal friend. I have been his assigned supervisor for his graduation thesis.

Home / Letters / Recommendation Letter for a postgraduate position