Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Medical area - Recommendation letter for undergraduate

vanchau1988 2 / 3  
To Whom It May Concern:

Without any hesitation, I am very pleased to recommend ()for admission to undergraduate program at Emory University. As her Math Professor since Spring 2008, I have seen many academic developments and have been impressed by her diligence in every step for her college years.

() is an intelligent, enthusiastic, and compassionate student. Her grades have been consistently good (B's) and excellence (A's) in all of her courses. She has actively participated in Honor Program and satisfactorily completed all requirements. Will all attempt, Honor Commendation has been awarded to her in addition to many other certificates for outstanding academic achievement.

Unlike many students who are undecided what academic major and which field to pursue, () has made it clear that her goal is to become a Pediatrician. To get ready for Medical School and to gain knowledge about medication, she has passed the National Exam for Pharmacy Technician and now has been certified. This is her additional accomplishment besides all the college classes, 2-hour-a-day work with disabled people and 4-hour-a-week volunteering at Medical Record Department of a Medical Center. She now continues to study and earn more certificates and diplomas in Medical Field. The harder the goal is, the more she would like to achieve it.

One more thing I know about this girl is her ability to adopt new living environment. She first time immigrated into United States by herself from Vietnam only four years ago but she has tried all her best to adopt new living conditions as well as new school environment. Without fearfulness about language barriers, she step by step achieves and finishes her career goal. She is an independent girl from her family and is a take-charge person who is able to develop plans successfully and implement them. That's why she is considered a role model of her family.

All these show to me as I hope they show to you that this young scholar, (), is an exceptional candidate that would be greatly suitable to any academic program, specially science and medical field. I am quite confident that she will continue to succeed in her studies, Bachelor Degree in Chemistry major, Medical School and beyond those, becoming a great pediatrician in future.

Sincerely,

Please help correct grammar and paragraph/structure errors. Thanks alot!
Nice!
Thanks, name here...

I just see a part at the end where you say "young girl" again after having already said it:
It is clear to me as I hope it is to you that this young girl scholar, (...), is an exceptional candidate, one that would contribute greatly to any program. I understand that (...) she is applying to the undergraduate program at (...) University. I would strongly...

It would be nice to include an anecdote about her. Do you have any example or anecdote that you remember?
OP vanchau1988 2 / 3  
Thanks Kevin and Name here, I appreciate all your comments. I have some anecdotes about her but I did not know that it is necessary to include one in recommendation letter. I'm glad that the letter came out good, this would help my student alot.

here I include an anecdote in the letter, and this is my final draft. thanks everybody's comments and corrections.

Home / Letters / Medical area - Recommendation letter for undergraduate