Home / Letters   % width NEW!

My Cover Letter for PostDoc (graduate and an Assistant Professor from China)

ackelcn 1 / -  
My cover letter is as follows. Would any one polish the letter for me? Thanks in advance.

Dear Dr. xxx,

I am interested in the postdoctoral position with your University, as advertised in xxx. In this letter, I enclose my Curriculum Vitae and a brief description of my research accomplishment for your review and consideration.

I received my PhD degree from xxx University, China, in 2009. Currently, I am an Assistant Professor with xxx. I did some research on program analysis, mining software engineering data, and empirical software engineering. My publications can be found in top-tier conferences (i.e., xxx, xxx, and xxx) and journals (i.e., xxx and xxx). As part of my professional activities, I served as an external reviewer for some conferences (e.g., xxx, xxx, and xxx) and journals (xxx).

As a member of your team, I can provide:
1. Visions on research problems and comments from an experienced reviewer.
2. Technical skills to solve a research problem and to prepare evaluations.
3. Enthusiastically hard work in a highly diverse and collaborative environment.

My research objective is to establish software engineering theories on a solid empirical foundation. However, I wish to concentrate on your research problem during my postdoctoral position. Please refer to the attachment for the reprints of my representative research papers and ongoing research topics.

I can come to the position in the spring of 2012. Thank you for your consideration. I am looking forward to your reply.

With kind regards.
Sincerely yours,
xxx

Home / Letters / My Cover Letter for PostDoc (graduate and an Assistant Professor from China)