Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Complaint Letter about science Teacher--Looking for possible editing/feedback

ldavin 1 / 1  
Here is a complaint letter that a few students and I have been working on, anything revealing is hidden as you can see. There are no instructions for this since its student made but feedback on spelling, grammar, structure, etc would be great. Any responses are appreciated! Thanks All.

***** High School is a school known for its excellent academic curriculum and the professionalism of its teaching staff. These teachers guide students in their learning and provide the respectful learning environments. This letter is being written as a result of the teaching strategies and environment *******, *******teacher. This letter was not created by one student in particular but from all seventeen students that make up *******two classes. We have decided that this matter is urgent enough to warrant a letter of complaint. This letter is written not as an attempt to see her fired, but simply as documentation of these instances. We seek only to notify the school, superintendent, and Massachusetts Teacher Association of the attitude and environment that the students of ***** High Schools *******classes are subjected too.

While ******* tests and quizzes are fair as well as her grading standards, the matter at hand is her attitude. When dealing with the students in her classroom, *******can be rude and somewhat hurtful. For instance, when a student asks a question about a topic being covered or material previously learned, ******* becomes noticeably exasperated. This is very apparent to everyone in the class; her response will be curt and vague. While available on certain days, for extra help, she is generally not accommodating. Many times, a student has received the time old response that *******is not available for extra help because she must go to her daughter's game. This has happened numerous times throughout the year and has resulted in delays for making up tests/quizzes.

*******also has a very particular style of teaching that is not suited to student's needs. When asked a question, more times than naught, she has no answer and says "I will get back to you on that." This can be very frustrating because the power points she uses to teach are also not helpful. These come directly from the book; I simply need to read the chapter to know what's on the power point. The class is not being taught anything we haven't read ourselves. To complement this, she shows many videos online. While these videos are great they are supposed to be a source to clarify concepts, not something that students should solely rely on to teach them material. The homework is hard but that is expected of an AP class. However she consistently sends homework to us via email. This is done over the weekend when we don't have class and is often unexpected work so students do not have their materials with them. For instance, over February break a student emailed her a question about the work that was assigned after we had already been on break for two days. In response, *******said, "Sorry, I don't have my materials with me, I'm on vacation." This is unacceptable because as a student, I rely on a teacher to be available to answer questions about the work they assign.

Finally there was no AP exam review. In most AP classes, the course work is hard and labor intensive but the teachers still find time to review the material before the final exam. Instead, the time the class could have spent reviewing material was spent reading books and doing a debate project that involved nothing on the AP exam. The classes read a book on Henrietta Lacks and while this was interesting, it did not help review or study for the upcoming exam.

As a whole, we would like to thank you for your time and hope that something will come of this.
***** High School is a school known for its excellent academic curriculum and the professionalism of its teaching staff.

^^^^^^ High School has a good reputation for its excellent academic curriculum and highly competent and professional teaching staff.

These teachers guide students in their learning and provide the respectful learning environments.

The teachers provide excellent guidance while creating sound learning environments to the students.

This letter was not created by one student in particular but from all seventeen students that make up *******two classes

This letter does not reflect the opinion of just one student in particular, but all seventeen students of ^^^^^^^ two classes.

We have decidedstrongly felt that this matter is urgent enough to warrant a letter of complaint.

. This letter is written not as an attempt to see her fired, but simply as documentation of these instances.

This letter is written with the intention of officially lodging a complaint about the events that took place and certainly not with the intention of damaging the career of the said teacher.
OP ldavin 1 / 1  
Thank you so much!

Home / Letters / Complaint Letter about science Teacher--Looking for possible editing/feedback