How to write a differential diagnosis essay?

finalyr 1 / -  
Does anyone know how to write a differential diagnosis essay?

I have a case study and we're supposed to write about the differential diagnosis and the most likely diagnosis.

How do i structure this essay??

thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

A differential diagnosis is a systematic method of diagnosing disease by noting the symptoms, listening to the patient's description of his complaints, taking the patient's personal and family history, running tests and ultimately arriving at a diagnosis. So, I would assume that to write the essay, you would run through the complaints, symptoms, history, etc. and propose some different diagnoses that fit (the differential part) and then decide which one fits best (the "most likely" diagnosis.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
clspqut - / 1  
Ways of presenting Differential Diagnoses?

Hi! I am currently tasked to write a report based on a given case study, and in the report, we were told to include "case history, specific cues and details about client, differential diagnosis, provisional diagnosis, via a hypothetico-deductive approach". I understand that the point of this forum is not to get a free ride on my assignments, but I am quite confused about the way I should be wording my report with regards to the differential diagnosis part.

Should I be saying for example "The differential diagnoses are major Depression, Bipolar I disorder, and General Anxiety Disorder, based on the presented cues of persistent sadness, change in social behavior (etc...). However, major Depression is rejected due to ..." or should it be something like "The differential diagnosis is major Depression, based on presented cues ... Other alternative diagnoses are Bipolar 1 disorder and GAD" ?

Thanks everyone in advance! :)
peyman_np 6 / 15 1  
I recommend to search for a relevant report in the Net. Make yours based on it. It is the best way for beginners.

Bests
EmpoweringEdu - / 1  
It is my understanding that the "differential diagnosis" is the one diagnosis which has been assigned by carefully assessing symptoms AND by ruling out possible other (similar) diagnoses.

Home / Essays / How to write a differential diagnosis essay?