Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 3

Mental / Physical / Social health - Word or Phrase clarificiation

nofx1441 1 / -  
Hey,

I am just writing an essay and I need a little clarificiation with something.

What I am trying to figure out is when writing an outline, does the following fall under word or phrase?

Mental health
Physical Health
Social health?

Word or phrase? Are these good for a cause or effect essay, and its based on effect of "Over Training" ?

Thanks,
ndortonne 1 / 3  
I think in order to give you a better feeback, itd be helpful to know the prompt. But i think those count as phrases, although they sound like profession fields.
You can't call them words, because they each consist of 2 words. That would be like calling a pair of people a "person." Well, I guess soul mates might be kind of like one person, if there even is such a thing as soul mates. Maybe when people get married, they are like compound words.

Anyway, the point is that you cannot call them words. It is okay to call them phrases, I think, but actually the best word it "term."

Example:
"Mental health" is a term. I like to put terms in " " marks if I am writing the sentence about the term.

I care about your mental health. ----In this sentence, I do not use " " marks.
I sometimes use the term "mental health." ---In this sentence, I use " " marks because the sentence is about the term.

Home / Grammar, Usage / Mental / Physical / Social health - Word or Phrase clarificiation