In work he was very methodical and meticulous about details and it has impressed me - recommendation

rajev88 1 / 2 1  
Letter of recommendation for applying Master's with working experience - need your suggestion if any error in grammar and thing to add

I take immense pleasure to recommend Mr. _____ as a prospective student for admission in Master's degree program in your esteemed University.
Mr. _____worked in M/s ____ at Supply Chain - Procurement and Capacity Enhancement under my supervision during the past one and half years. During that time I got an opportunity to observe his abilities and personality. I have developed a very high regard for Mr.____ based on the outstanding contributions that he made to the work activities throughout the tenure.

His knowledge of the supply chain fundamentals, analytical ability and effortless assimilation of procedures accompanied by his assiduous efforts are commendable. He impressed me with his presence of mind, focused nature on various problem solving situations and addressing crisis in the procurement process of components such as stamped and fabricated parts, proprietary parts -bearings, decals of motorcycles.

He has been an active participant in the team reviews, wherein he was very lucid and could communicate issues without any ambiguity. During activities like solving a real time supply concerns, capacity enhancement on handling various suppliers, logistics service providers like company names_________. For an example to say, his constructive way of handling capacity enhancement in Bearings commodity with multiple suppliers(FAG, INA, SKF, NBC, NRB) were yielded the best outcome without hindering supplier relationships. As well during group discussion which require team work, he has always taken the initiative with various solutions/proposals, thus leading his colleagues as a dynamic leader. Besides being diligent in his profession, he has shown impeccable command over a wide range of knowledge in respective work description.

In work he was very methodical and meticulous about details and this has impressed me. His organized approach and constructive attitude sets him apart from others. He is also held in good esteem by many other cross-functional team and respective leaders, members .

Further, he is extremely articulate in speech and expression and bears a good persuasive and mature personality. With his emotional stability and intellectual capacity, and research oriented approach I believe that he will be successful in higher levels of education. I appreciate his strong desire to pursue higher studies in your reputed University. I have no doubt that with his aptitude and expertise, he will be a productive contributor to the work of any institution. Based on his potential and by judging his abilities and motives on various work situations, I would strongly recommend him for admission into your renowned University.
Your recommendation letter should concentrate mostly on the professional ability of of the person you recommending. Highlight his leadership abilities and skills that allow him to learn on the job. Talk about how he handles stressful job situations and depict how he organizes his work activities. You should provide information that will prove he is an organized person who will be able to successfully merge his work and academic responsibilities. Meaning, you are confident that he has the ability to take on two highly important tasks and deliver 100 percent of his skills in both arenas. There is no need to mention the companies that he has dealt with in the past. What you do need to mention are the various work positions he has held in the company and describe how fast he has managed to climb the management ladder, thus supporting his statement of purpose claims regarding his need or desire to pursue higher studies in this field.
OP rajev88 1 / 2 1  
Thanks... but in SOP I have already mentioned my task which I have done for the past 4.5 yrs in Supply chain activities.
Regardless. You are not the one who should be speaking in the recommendation letter. It does not matter if you have already mention your work experience of 4 and a half years in your SOP. The recommendation letter is supposed to be written by the people you have worked for. This letter is a validation of the information you have claimed in your SOP, PS, and other essay apps that you have submitted. Repeat the information. It is necessary in order to give validity to your SOP claims. Remember, you are not the person speaking in this letter. Therefore, repeated information is acceptable and is actually necessary. You are not even supposed to be the one writing the draft of this letter because you are not supposed to know what information is being relayed about you in the letter of recommendation. Don't fall into the mindset of a person referring himself for a job. That is not the purpose of a recommendation letter from an employer. This letter must be written from the point of view of an employer and should contain information that you should find redundant since you wrote similar information in your SOP. How do you expect the admissions officer to verify the claims you make in your SOP if you do not have someone else talk about it for validation? That is what the recommendation letter is for.
OP rajev88 1 / 2 1  
Hmmm thanks a lot... actually these was written by my supervisor only... will change as per your suggestioĊ„...

Home / Graduate / In work he was very methodical and meticulous about details and it has impressed me - recommendation