THRUST - motivation letter for masters in mechanical engineering

Satyaki 1 / -  
kindly review my first ever motivation letter and suggest changes for increasing it's impact.word limit : 250

The increasing global energy demand resulting from the surge in world population, escalating fuel prices and stringent emission norms demand highly efficient energy conversion systems for sustainability. Almost all power production systems, irrespective of energy source use turbo machinery to convert heat energy derived from fuels into usable mechanical work. So developing highly efficient turbo machinery is crucial to future energy sustainability. Thus my aspiration to take up THRUST conforms to my goal of developing highly efficient turbo machinery with minimal environmental impact.

I enjoy solving rigorous problems of physics, calculus and geometry. This along with a strong competitive mind helped me secure 230th rank in the West Bengal Joint Entrance examination among approximately 100,000 candidates and bag a seat in Mechanical engineering at Jadavpur University, one of the premier engineering colleges in the country. Strong fundamentals and my diligence allowed me to complete my bachelor's degree with first class honours and a CGPA of 8.47/10. In my undergraduate curriculum I found the courses in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and heat transfer most intriguing. At the onset of my sophomore year I did an industrial internship at a commercial utility power company, CESC for 8 weeks where I worked on measuring efficiencies of various turbine units. In my final year, an elective on gas turbine theory also interested me in working on aero engines. Thus THRUST mobility option 3 will give me the chance to fulfil my dreams of making economic, reliable and more efficient turbo machinery and contribute towards solving the global energy and propulsion proble
kcreddy 1 / 1  
thea surge

problems ofin physics

coursestopics/concepts in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics

interestedcompelled me in working on aero engines
The increasing global energy demand resulting from the surge in world population, escalating fuel prices and stringent emission norms demand highly efficient energy conversion systems for sustainability.

I wish you shorten this sentence or split it to two lines. This seems to be too lengthy and the reader is required to memorize too many details in one go.

So developing highly efficient turbo machinery is crucial tofor ensuring future energy sustainability.
This along with a strong competitive mind helped me secure 230th rank in the West Bengal Joint Entrance examination among approximately 100,000 candidates

Home / Graduate / THRUST - motivation letter for masters in mechanical engineering