'Thousands days of my life' - PA School Autobiographical Essay

jakernewt 1 / -  
This is my first attempt at writing this essay. I am looking for some feedback on the overall idea of the essay as well as grammar points. I wasn't sure how to go about writing an autobiographical essay with such a short space requirement, so I tried to just hit some anecdotes about various epochs in my life. I look forward to hearing your critiques!

_________________________________________________________________
Prompt:
The autobiographical essay should be an account of the applicant's life history and experiences. Please note that this is not a personal statement or a statement of reasons for applying to PA school. The maximum length for this essay is 3200 characters, including spaces.

In the 8,207 days of my short existence on Earth i've learned many life lessons. First, let's fast forward to day 1323, approximately when my first clear memory occurs. This was the day when my childhood hero, Stretch Armstrong, died. Not only was he my childhood hero, but he was also my favorite toy. My goal in life was to be just like him, with a job title along the lines of Executive Strongman. One day I was demonstrating his invincibility to a few classmates when I learned just how far this demigod could stretch. I stretched his arm right off his torso, which was followed shortly by a flood of the goo which made up his insides, my first anatomy lesson. Although the marked the end of the era of Stretch Armstrong, I recognized that he lived a full life. In light of the falling of my hero, I came to realize that life is fleeting, and should not be wasted.

It was around day 3425 that my family relocated to Pennsylvania for my father's work. The first few weeks in my new school were a little bit rough. My initial attempts to introduce myself were largely greeted with a look of bewilderment, followed in short order by a moment of awkwardness. My intensely southern accent was apparently incomprehensible to these foreigners. Therefore I was segregated from the general population until I could learn this new dialect of English. I soon mastered the northern accent and began to accumulate friends whom I usually met over a game of tetherball (another new facet of northern life). Being thrust into this new culture taught me quickly how to cope with new and overwhelming situations.

About 3386 orbits of the moon later I entered into my post-secondary education. During this epoch of my life I gained a true appreciation for learning. I had always enjoyed school, but for much different reasons. High school felt more like a puzzle which I attempted to solve as quickly as possible. Exams were more of a time trial than a gauging of knowledge. In college, however, I finally began to be challenged. Collegiate academics caught me off guard, I bombed a few tests, and I had to learn the hard way that studying would now be a requisite. I soon found that what accompanied this new era of study was a deeper appreciation for the material. The subjects that captured my attention most were the most difficult ones, which turned out to be the sciences. Thus, I decided upon studying in the biological sciences during this time.

The previous 1095 days of my life have been the most shaping of all. On a whim I agreed to the solicitation of a friend to spend one semester studying abroad in Viïa del Mar, Chile. To prepare for the trip I began to study Spanish, which I continued for the following three years. This newly learned skill has carried me to many places and exposed me to a myriad of new cultures and experiences. Along the way I have often felt very uncomfortable, been shot at, seen extreme poverty, made life-long friends, discovered my love for medicine, expanded my view of the world, and never stopped growing. Most of all, it has instilled in me a desire to be ever growing, ever learning, and ever showing love to my fellow man.
oscarsalmons - / 5  
Hi,
An autobiography talks more about the life of a person.You should therefore talk more about your accomplishments if any.

Home / Graduate / 'Thousands days of my life' - PA School Autobiographical Essay