Personal statement for Masters degree in Chemical Engineering help

engr_tahir 1 / 1  
I intend to take admission in uk universities.Please check my personal statement..Is there any grammatical or sentence structure mistakes? please correct them..I shall be very grateful to you.

--------------------
Personal statement
I wish to pursue my graduate studies at your esteemed institution, as I believe that a Masters degree will help me to realize my ultimate goal, which is to develop myself as a well trained chemical engineer and establish a career in the chemical industry.

Over the years in school, I developed a great interest in basic sciences and mathematics because I was amazed by the role science and mathematics played in helping mankind lead a better life. This led me to choose an undergraduate course in engineering, specifically chemical engineering, because I felt that chemical engineering was the only field which involved study of the basic sciences and mathematics. Another reason behind this choice was that, chemical engineers create innovations by solving technological problems that impact the life of common man in surprising ways. For me, this was a great opportunity to directly serve society.

In the period of study at <college name>, I have undertaken various courses like Heat transfer, Fluid mechanics, Mass Transfer, Mechanical Operations, Process Control, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Energy Management etc. which have introduced me to various theoretical concepts and methods which are widely used in chemical industry.

During my undergraduate study I had done two research projects. My major project entitled the Preliminary plant design of Nitric Acid was aimed to produce nitric acid with minimum affect on environment and maximum productivity but low cost. Nitric acid is very useful chemical compound about 80% of nitric acid produced is used in fertilizer industry. It is also used in manufacturing of explosives like RDX, TNT, etc. My second project was Urea Coating which was aimed to reduce nitrogen loss due to Ammonia volatilization. Both research projects enhanced my research ability and broaden my academic vision. The panel that evaluated my thesis rated it as "first-class", commenting on it as "clearly reasoned, with detailed and complete experimental data, demonstrating a thorough grasp of professional knowledge."

During my study as an undergraduate student, I also got an opportunity to visit various chemical industries around Pakistan. The first industrial visit to an oil refinery was a great experience for me. I was simply astounded to see the giant distillation towers and heat exchangers. I was also taken to the plant control division where I was shown how the entire plant was automated and how the entire process could be monitored using the computers. It was just awesome that an entire plant was being controlled by just a few operators monitoring the various critical parameters at their terminals. This really kindled my interest in the usage of computers in chemical industries which led me to explore more applications of computers in chemical engineering. Topics such as Process control, Process optimization, Modeling and simulation really interested me.

Visits to these industries also enlightened me on the various environmental issues confronting the industry. It also made me aware of the role of the chemical engineer towards protecting the environment. A course on environmental engineering in my final year introduced the concept of sustainable development and how a chemical engineer could contribute towards reducing pollution.

I feel that a Master's program in chemical engineering will go a long way in preparing me for a successful career in the chemical industry. I am sure that exposure to cutting edge facilities, interaction with renowned faculty at your institution will help develop my knowledge and versatility and help me to face stiff global competition. It would be a great privilege to be able to do my graduate studies at <UNIVERSITY NAME>, and I am quite confident that I will match the high standards set by your university."
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Great experience... just awesome... quite confident.

Eliminate empty modifiers like "quite" and "just." Replace vague modifiers like "great" with more specific words.
OP engr_tahir 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions and corrections..i will modify it and then i will show it to you again..

best regards,

tahir mehmood
Thenlizzwasall - / 2  
It's not bad at all, but a little bit dull. This essay is supposed to show individuality and give the admissions a good reason to pick you. Make it flow a little better and read more like a narrative.

However, it does sound like you did well, you just don't need to make a list of everything that you accomplished. Try to make it more descriptive.

Home / Graduate / Personal statement for Masters degree in Chemical Engineering help