Sociology / Father (family): proposed field and topic of study

Guest /  
On the application form. I have to state the proposed field of study, as well as the topic of study. Please give me some feed back. Am I in the right track.

My Research Question:
What is the psychosocial impact on teenage daughters whose fathers are absent as a result of divorce/separation?

Proposed Field of study:

Sociology

Proposed topic of study:

A situation analysis of divorce and separation, the factors that affect the relationship of father and teenage daughters.
- Father absence
- Family dynamic
- Gender issue
- Father/daughter relationship
leereel 3 / 8  
Above all I think you should choose a kind of proposition about the relation between father and daughter, i.e. psychoanalytical model, namely oedipus complex and its resolution of daughter by means of the social relation with the other men and the role of mother in terms of family dynamic.(S. Freud) Based on this theoretical initial idea you could then introduce and analyse some concrete social phenomena such as divorce and separation and their influences to the relationship.
Here are some search terms: father, teenage, absent, literature review

I included literature review, because these terms altogether will help you find some articles about research studies that give info that is perfect for your topic.

You should just use the search terms and find great articles. Write a paragraph about the main idea of each article you read about this topic. If you begin by reading a great article, this will be easy!

:-)

Home / Graduate / Sociology / Father (family): proposed field and topic of study