Every Single Thing, to start needs some short of influence or motivation; suggestions for my SOP

pranab 1 / -  
Every Single Thing, to start needs some short of influence or motivation. An energy that's keep you awake that drives you forward. It's funny but all of it started with a documentary on TED which I came across when I was doing my undergraduate, named as powering the planet, basically it was about application in smart grid .Where Mr. Jesse berst director of Global smart energy tells a unique abstract about the whole film which is "The Electrical Grid was conceived in the age of Addison, designed in the age of Isaac Howard, installed in the age of Nixon and it has not been upgraded since. The documentary shows some new advanced technology applied in distribution of power in Pacific Northwest National laboratory. The film really helped me to gain more interest in my undergraduate studies and a deep inner desire to be an integral part of such betterment. I knew that undergraduate studies will be not enough for me. For this, research will be prime importance with hand on experience in real time. To share my ambition I would say I want to work at the fore front of the technology with the ability to find innovative solutions to the changing needs.

I did my schooling in Siva Jr. School as far from my home state. It was tough for me to leave my parents back home but certainly it helped me to grow independently and gain confidence on myself. As a high school student, I was not so deep enough in science and technology. Unlighted of that my major was Physics, Chemistry and Math and I was enjoying studying those subjects. I never took my steps back, when school conducted any major event like debate, Projects or science fair. With much enthusiasm I joined my friends and did projects based on theory like magnets or conductors disrupt an electrical flow , The magnetic strength is greater than the electrical flow while you can disrupt a magnetic by over powering it with much electricity ''. It combined with just one nail, some aluminum conductors & some battery the model which was appreciated and shown in district science fair. A project model of a actual replica of Steam power plant which also got appreciation in term school science fair organized by Vikas School in Vishakhapatnam. The encouragement from my school & family I was bowed to become an Engineer. But why Electrical & Electronics Engineering. Its just so necessary field that world is completely depends upon .A field of immense possibility of advancement & research. There is no lack of job in the market of EEE graduates and there never will be. This was the evident reason that propelled my passion to pursue undergraduate degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.

I joined for my undergraduate studies in Karunya University Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The teaching faculties were very helpful and made me aware of new concepts in field of Electrical & Electronics. I was involved in constructive team member to start NASCENTIA -08, a National level symposium for the very first time in our department. Also took part in ROBO race Zone developed by Mind craft at Karunya University in 2007. With having some good opportunity to publish some papers with my friends at PEC Pondicherry about the solutions for inverter for Heuristic approach. Quality application & Rotar Bar fall detection in induction Machines was my second paper presentation at NCPC 08 at Park College of engineering Coimbatore. With much facility from our University I did my implant training in HT POWER DISTRIBUTION in Orissa Power Corporation and transmission limited under Mr. Panda (Sub division Officer) with effect from 17.06.07 to 30.06.07 that is for fourteen days . Various aspects of Air circuit breaker, its operation and application in SIEMENS LAB south zone at Karunya University under Mr. Dattatray Shindhe Course co-coordinator & Mr. Naliesh sawant (Automation & Drives section) in 2008. Industrial training program regarding UPS manufacturing, maintenanence & vital information about manufacturing of transformer are some important work in THE PRIME POWER CONTROLS under Mr. V . Bhuvaneshvaran, Coimbatore. Power System, Electrical Drives, Power Electronics was always interested me which lead me to took up my final year project in power system section. A power factor controller using PIC - Microcontroller. CFPC, PLVD, SCR, MSSP (Master Synchronous Serial Port) ADC Code Editor, Code Explorer debugger & EEPROM editor are some Main technology I have used in this project.

These visits & training program provided me a plat form to interact with intellectuals and eminent persons of my fields. Who not only provided me with a valuable insight into technical progress made by electrical industry but also motivated me to pursue my career in electrical arena.

After Completion of my Undergraduate studies I started my career in leading company of construction giant GALFAR Engineering & Contracting in Oman. Unlike of the milieu of the college the corporate environment was very much different. The concept of learning on job accountability & responsibility are very serious things and it's gave a favor to me as developing greater focus.

In my three years of experience I gained corporate as well as technical skills which can be used further on my postgraduate studies & my career. I was lucky that I was involved in some of the most prestigious Projects as Electrical Engineer in Oman.

Oil & Gas project (Harweeel cluster development (Phase2A /B project value (USD 960000000) Consultant AMEC Kuwait projects and contracting company FEED, Contractor JV of Petrofac & GALFAR SAOG , is one project where I was appointed as External Electrical Engineer , More ever 90Km of both HV & LV cable are pulled , terminated & tested by the supervision of me & my team .The excess tight schedule prepared by the project projection team was very hectic ,but it really trained me well how to co-ordinate & planed as per time & cost implication in the best interest of my organization & my personal goals without violating any safety as well as commercial protocol .

The Second project where I was involve was completely different from the first one .It was a MOTC Project (Duqm Ship Yard Repair & Dry Dock -Project Value OMR 1.2 Billion.Cunsultant DSME, Contractor Daweoo & Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG Oman. Anything up to 600,000-tonne oil & gas supertankers (ULCCs).Wusta coast will provide direct employment to around 1,500 people. The ship yard is the second in world after Dubai dry dock in terms of capacity. Of course I joined the team at the middle of the project but I certainly involved in many pre-commissioning work in this project.

After graduating in 2009, three years of experience helped me narrow down my career interest .My working at Galfar Engineering gave me chance to work with some of the best professional in the world. I believe mastering these skills will aid me immensely in the research in improvement of performance of power system components & quality

The University is a research based university which foster creative & innovating thinking among the students .It is known fact that the academic and research facilities in the university are highly qualified in their respective field. At your department research projects in this field particularly interest me and I would like to work with some of the leading faculties and scholars in the nation.

Getting a chance to be part of such projects at your university really stimulates my innate technical and analytical abilities, expose me to the latest technology as well as give me the competitive edge to secure an internship in a respected company which will be a milestone towards achieving my goals.
charmoula 1 / 3  
Perhaps you need to cut down more, re-read your starting paragraphs.

Home / Graduate / Every Single Thing, to start needs some short of influence or motivation; suggestions for my SOP