PHD STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES (sustainable technology development)

cit 1 / -  
STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES PhD (sustainable technology development)

Energy and sustainability nowadays is an inherent feature in any industry and for our planet. In this world with an increasing demand on energy especially oil and gas industries, another demand to sustain the balance of environment is vital. This can be felt in the rapid climate change, hasty depletion of natural resources along with an extinction of some species and global warming. My engineering background enables me to recognize the necessity to keep the industry moving forward and to recognize that an investment towards the environment is equally important and essential to improve the quality of life and achieve a future welfare for us and the environment.

My next professional milestone is to participate in projects focus in developing alternative and clean technology, models and tools to contribute towards a sustainable human development. I believe I should combine my skills as an engineer along with an environmental and energy projects to contribute to the environment. I look forward to be part of high standard researches that fosters innovative energy policy, knowledge for renewable outlines and development of sustainable systems.

Since I believe in the urgency to support an economical growth with sustainability, I would like to focus my professional experience and skill to carry out a modeling and forms of "greener" and alternative processes and production systems. Nowadays economy demands to our world to keep producing, it is not possible to stop consuming raw materials and energy to obtain goods and commodities. Not just for Europe development but for any country looking for a healthy growth, it is a need to change the typical organizational production bases to sustainable schemes.

Achieving higher standards in an organization requires skillful employees who with their knowledge can implement new tactics, strategies and technology to serve any purpose. But the core of the organization is its system. Re-invent and create sustainable systems would bring an equilibrium between "economy growth and environment preservation". Within the systems, technology, materials, logistics, transport are main elements that can be studied and improved to become efficient and sustainable.

In the latest part of my career I have been in charge of the environmental department at a clean energy terminal (KMS, LNG terminal Manzanillo). This experience in the practical world will enrich my research analysis at Masdar since I have a field experience to adapt and detect easily the variables, constrains and elements of my research.

In addition, I collaborated in the launching of a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy based in the UN Global Compact principles for an international French industrial group. This experience provided me the approach to Sustainability Reporting and awareness to the social side of industry and the promotion of sustainability. The mentioned project was part of my highest degree: International MSc. in Project Management for Environmental and Energy Engineering, where subject from carbon market, renewable energy and environment related were taught.

Moreover, my professional path enabled me to evolve in a highly competitive sector and to take part in the management of projects in an international environment. The experience gave me a total comprehension of the stakes in field of the environment and energy through the realization of internal audits and to obtain certifications ISO 14001 where I developed my analytical, proactive and results- oriented skills, always keeping a cooperative spirit.

All the above will enrich my performance and development at KTH Institute since it gave me a comprehensive overview of the challenge to be tackle in the industry to achieve a sustainable policy and systems.

To be able to participate in outstanding projects, it is necessary to be part of exceptional institutions. KTH Institute and its PhD program to develop sustainable technology and solutions will provide me the opportunity to reshape the industrial sector, as example, and develop projects as significant as the results, that could determinate the future of our planet.

The holistic approach of the program goes online with my professional and educational profile. Since I have quality, industrial, lean manufacturing, environmental and energy field experience, the conception of an interdisciplinary program fits perfectly to my requires and aspirations.

As a student I had demonstrate my commitment to the educational institutions and my objectives. I have had the opportunity to study at excellent educational institutions, always awarded by scholarships. For my bachelor degree, Industrial Engineering GPA 3.7 I ranked as second best student of my generation and I was honored with a Suma Cum Lauder mention. Regarding my Masters program at France I obtained all my credits with honours and GPA of 3.6 with scholarship from the Program Alban (European Commission program for high level scholarship addressed to Latin America).

You will find me analytical, results oriented, strong in communication skills, energetic, confident, and perseverant, which in addition to my experience and qualifications meet the spirit of KTH Institute. My objective is clear and your institution represents the leader and best choice to develop my project. I am eager to be part of your team and participate along your outstanding faculty to achieve practical and innovative solutions to undertake nowadays challenging world defies.

thank you in advance for your help and support. I really appreciate it.

Thank again!!!!!!!!!!
Energy and sustainability nowadays is are inherent features in any industry...

In this world with an increasing demand on energy especially oil and gas industries, another demand to sustain the balance of environment is vital. This can be felt in the rapid climate change, hasty depletion of natural resources along with an extinction of some species and global warming. --- condense all this into a single, brief sentence. The reader knows this stuff, and if you tell her this stuff at the start of the essay, she'll have trouble paying attention to it.

My engineering background enables me to recognize the necessity to keep the industry moving forward and to recognize that an investment towards the environment is equally important and essential to improve the quality of life and achieve a future welfare for us and the environment. --- This is where it gets interesting! What is an engineer's perspective on sustainability? Make this the theme of the essay. But i scratched out a lot of meaningless stuff that does not really say anything. Be specific when you tell about your ideas for sustainability. What project would you like to get involved with first? What innovations have you already made in your personal contemplation of sustainable development?

:-)

Home / Graduate / PHD STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES (sustainable technology development)