A perfect fit for me to fulfill my career aspirations -MA Governance/U Queensland(PS)

alijatoi 1 / -  
In Pakistan, It is a general perception that bad governance is due to incompetence of bureacracy but personally I believe that this is happening due to dearth of qualified governance specialists, weak institutions, fragile systems and lack of advance training in governance. Governance has emerged as a obstacle that has not only challenged the development of Pakistan but it has also given birth to multiple socio-economic problems. Being a development professional, I have experienced massive governance issues at grossroute level including wide gap between policies and service delivery, absence of accountability, mismanagement , misuse of authority and resources, and apathy towards public interest projects. So after seriously re-evaluating my career objectives,current state of governance in Pakistan, and personal aspiration to reciprocate Pakistan in its development, I have choosen Governance program to study in Australia.

In this context I have selected Master of Governance and Public Policy (MGPP) at University of Queensland. Personally I believe it is a perfect fit for me to fulfill my career aspirations and contribute in improvement of governance in Pakistan. It is a complete package to advance knowledge both theoretically and practically. It offers variety of subjects to learn and specialize theoretically and it also provides internship opportunity to have global perspective on governance practically. It is an interdisciplinary program with Public Policy, Development and Governance modules which will solidify my theoretical and practical knowledge on governance and public policy issues and its impact on development. Moreover in optional courses I am excited to learn more about crisis governance and development, understanding and designing social policy, Sustainable Development in Practice and governance in developing countries. Firstly this will broadly develop and improve my understanding of the contemporary governance and policy issues affecting the development of Pakistan and developing countries worldwide. Secondly it will further improve my problem solving and research skills to work on governance or policy reform project in Pakistan.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
lack of advance training in governance

lack of advanced training... thats better...
thanks from my behalf on being devoted for your country... my personal opinion is that governance of your dream can help Pakistan out... :)
SLOOTR 5 / 12 2  
I went to The University of Queensland and completely loved it! I immensely miss living in Australia!

I have chosen theGovernanceinsert exact name of programto study in Australia at The University of Queensland because of the current state of governance in Pakistan and a personal aspiration to...

In Pakistan, Ii t is a general perception (a general perception among who?) that bad governance is due to the incompetence of bureacracy.butpP ersonally, I believe that this is happening due to dearth of qualified governance specialists, weak institutions, fragile systems, and lack of advance training in governance. Governance has emerged as an obstacle that has not only challenged the development of Pakistan, but it has also given birth to multiple socio-economic problems. Being a development professional, (a development professional of/in what?) I have experienced massive governance issues at grossroutethe grassroots level.These issues include wide gaps between policies and service delivery, absence of accountability, mismanagement , misuse of authority and resources, and apathy towards public interest projects. So after seriously re-evaluating my career objectives,current state of governance in Pakistan, and personal aspiration to reciprocate Pakistan in its development, I have choosen Governance program to study in Australia.(moved part of this statement to the beginning of essay)

I feel like your essay does not explain your passions and goals for why you want to change governance in Pakistan, or how you intend to accomplish this by enrolling in their course of study. I almost feel like your last paragraph came straight out of the prospectus, which is why I crossed it out entirely. They know that their program offers a variety of subjects and courses to support learning in those subjects. What they want to know is how their program and specialized courses are going to facilitate your goals, and how you are going to be actively engaged in your own learning through taking their courses. I would have a think about your goals and write down at least 3 that support your overall desire to change Pakistani governance. From there, you can expand utilizing aspects of their program to back-up your reasoning.

Best regards!
This is very good advice by SLOOTR.... I think you should pay serious attention to what he suggests. If you include these suggestions into what you've written it would be a great answer.

If you can be a little more descriptive about how you intend to apply the knowledge and skills back in Pakistan scenarios, then it would sound very convincing.

Wish you good luck with this application!

Home / Graduate / A perfect fit for me to fulfill my career aspirations -MA Governance/U Queensland(PS)