Motivation letter to Master´s Programme in Social Sciences

Liliya 1 / 1  
Briefly describe and explain in English (max. 500 words):
your motives to apply for this programme/major subject at the University of Helsinki.
how your previous studies enable you to succeed in the studies in the chosen programme/major subject and how the programme/major subject complements and develops your previous studies

how studying in this programme/major subject relates to your future aspirations and academic objectives

To whom it may concern:

I hereby apply for entrance to the Research Master's Degree Programme in Social Sciences at University of XXX. I am very interested in this degree and I believe my strong academic background combined with my work experience may fulfill your requirements.

In Ukraine, socio-psychological help doesn't have high credibility and has low awareness among individuals and social groups which requires it because as science it's quite new and young, therefore, has luck of good specialist. Having been immersed in the field of psychology, I have personally witnessed how social psychology can change people's lives for better which encourages me to update and improve my knowledge in this field. By choosing to study at the faculty of social science I will benefit greatly from the extraordinary experience for building up my professional career in the public or private sector, and I will help to bring international research knowledge, social psychology achievements and standards to Ukraine, where this field is just developing.

My academic performance has been always on top of class. Moreover I can say that I would like to continue my studies in order to gain knowledge and experiences by academic research and I believe a XXX would offer me the possibility of receiving the complete picture of all aspects of this field.

I have a Master's degree in Psychology which I obtained at Kyiv National University, Ukraine, where I acquired knowledge in different branches of psychology and such disciplines as mathematical methods in psychology, sociology, methods of social and psychological research, and statistical software SPSS. For my Bachelor and Master thesis's I used quantitative and qualitative methods for empirical part, moderated 4 focus groups, developed focus-group discussion guide and other research materials. Therefore, I believe that my education is relevant to the chosen program.

As a graduate student 1,5 year I practiced as a Clinical Child Psychologist and gained clinical experience treating children diagnosed with Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, Disorders of Mental Development, Damage to the Nervous System and Hereditary Degenerative Diseases. I assessed clients using international psychological testing methods, chose appropriate methods of intervention and evaluated the effectiveness of my treatment plans by frequent consultations with clients, parents and a multidisciplinary team. I participated in the department's meetings, group planning, treatment, and preparation of therapy materials, coordinating my actions with specialists from other fields. Also being interested in research field that time I made a decision to pursue research career. Since November 2007 I have been working as research assistant at XXX on Baby Care assignment. Currently, responsible for understanding and accessing mother's and babies needs, their habits and practices in baby care category, also conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative marketing studies in Baby Care category.

Finally I can say that I look forward to join this Master Degree Programme in ********* in order to prove my abilities and gain new skills and I will be patiently waiting for a positive reply.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Lilya
All words of the opening salutation in a letter should be capitalized:

To Whom It May Concern:

I hereby Don't say hereby. It is a silly word.

I am applying for entrance to the ...

...new and young. Therefore, it has luck of good specialist. unclear

Having been immersed in the field of psychology, I have personally witnessed how social psychology counseling can change people's lives for better, and this encourages me to update and improve my knowledge in this field. ---Very good sentence!!

As a graduate student 1,5???? year

Currently, I am responsible for understanding ...

You are very impressive! :-)

Home / Graduate / Motivation letter to Master´s Programme in Social Sciences