'joined an IT company as software engineer' - Essay for Nanyang:

akkuiiitc 1 / 1  
Briefly assess your career progress to date. Elaborate on your future career plans and how pursuing an MBA will help you achieve these.

After graduation, I joined an IT company as software engineer. It was during this time that I gained my first-hand experience in technology industry. Within 2 years I was given the responsibility of handling a team of 4 members. I led modules that were hugely appreciated by clients and managers. My team had provided efficient and effective automated modules which resulted in huge cost savings for clients. We have also designed modules thereby saving key resources like space, memory, time-usage etc.

I have always been appreciated for my analytical skills, problem solving technique and for handling critical situation with much ease. My seniors note and recognize me for my sharpness and composed nature. My team members always seek for my advice and support. All these factors have made me one of the most sought after resource. In my 3 years of stint with Infosys I have achieved a lot, but rather than being complacent, I want to attain much greater heights. It's not just a desire, but acknowledgement of the fact that till now I have not realized my potential to the fullest.

With this earnest desire, I am seeking a challenging career where utilization of my potential will be maximized. Job of an either HR or Management Consultant seems to fit the bill of my desirable career. Intricate situations bring the best out of me and I see great deal of the similar requirements in this career. Analytical skills being my forte, an MBA course can help me contribute significantly to this sector. I strongly believe that by exposing myself to convoluted problems, I will not only make a significant difference but will also further strengthen my rational expertise. In addition to providing me with an opportunity to apply what I have learned, it will expose me to the practical issues as well. Three to five years after earning an MBA, I would expect to be at a higher position in the top level of a successful firm.

I look to benefit from the NANYANG environment -an environment of boundless innovation. An MBA at this point will give me the opportunity to apply the theory, models and techniques I learn in the classroom to the real world. In my role as a HR Manager I will make strategic decisions to develop plans to maximize the revenues and profits for the firm keeping in mind the benefits of the employees as well. To realize my immediate aspirations, I will need to acquire core skills in management by joining a top league MBA college. I believe that my blend of technical knowledge combined with MBA would enable me to take on higher managerial responsibilities in the field of Leadership. I envisage a career stage where my vision is so evolved that I would leave a substantial mark in the industry.
br212 1 / 1  
***My seniors note and recognize me for my sharpness and composed nature. My team members always seek for my advice and support. All these factors have made me one of the most sought after resource.***

I think my seniors note and recognize seem to be awkward. Try to use better word instead of those mentioned.

***We have also designed modules thereby saving key resources like space, memory, time-usage etc. ***

Grammatically, like is used when you compare with someone with thing else and other way around. Ex: My wife's round face looks like moon. If your using above mentioned sentence to give example, than such as/for instance/for example. I think it should be modified.

Overall it is fine.
OP akkuiiitc 1 / 1  
Hey,

Thans for the review...:)

Home / Graduate / 'joined an IT company as software engineer' - Essay for Nanyang: