HELP with SOP Proofread:Master Degree Application

bhasanov 1 / 4  
Dear Forum Friends,
My name is Bashir and I'm from Azerbaijan.I have finalized my SOP ,however I feel that it is inarticulate in terms of English usage , grammar and writing.I would be very please if someone experienced could help me with this problem.Please if someone agrees send your email address to this topic and I would send SOP to the email.

Thanks,

Bashir
Hi Bashir,

Are you reluctant to post your work in the forum? You included your full name in your membership profile, so you can be confident that people from the school will know that it is your original work even if you post it in this forum. I cannot give my personal email address, but i can help if you post it here.

Thanks!!!

Kevin
OP bhasanov 1 / 4  
Hey EF_Kevin,
I have copy-pasted jut like you asked me to do it.
OK to business:
Basically SOP's content is very good,except the first paragraph.It does not give attraction.So that's the first problem.The second problem like I told you is English of SOP.It MUST definitely be fixed.

So please be as fast as you can.

And I really appreciate your help,

Thanks again ,
Bashir

Purpose of Statement of Bashir Hasanov

"Those blessed with the curiosity to learn and search are forever young"
Bruce Lee

For as long as I can remember, the Earth sciences always fascinated me. Very crucial impact on my career path choice was certainly the fact of me being born in Azerbaijan, one of the birthplaces of petroleum industry.

As an undergraduate in oil-rich Azerbaijan I concentrated on getting a solid background in petroleum engineering, hydrology and petroleum geology from one of the top petroleum engineering departments in the former USSR. My interest in behaviour of petroleum and physics of flow in porous media arouse while studying courses like Subsurface Hydraulics, Petroleum Production Engineering, and Fundamentals of Reservoir Engineering. I was actively involved in SPE Student Chapter and other programs sponsored by petroleum production and service companies in Azerbaijan. For instance, SPE Production Optimization Student Symposium, organized in Baku in November, 2008 was one of the most memorable amongst technical workshops that I attended. The results of this workshop strengthened my ability to apply academic knowledge to real reservoir development and optimization problems. I have outlined my main research interest during last two years in Petroleum Engineering Department of Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. Since reservoir production is complex process, the key production indicators should be investigated with integrated approach via proper and efficient usage way of PVT and Compositional Indicators. For instance in Compositional Simulation of Gas Condensate Field and Lab samples analysis if incorporated with PBU (condensate banking skin) are already good indicators for diagnosis amount of condensate trapped in reservoirs. Considering the fact that most of my research interests are more focused on improvement of well performance diagnosis and prognosis, research results that I presented during scientific conferences mostly related to different factors determining production limit of production system. One of the research collaborations that I'm currently involved is an optimization of WAG wells by avoidance of high velocity effects for better sweep efficiency. Water Alternation Gas Injection Research is especially valuable for me, since I collaborate on this topic with numerous students and professors and believe that this method can be show potential in application to Azerbaijani Oil fields.

Spending three summers as an intern at Drilling, Completions and Interventions Functional Unit and Reservoir and Wells Functional Unit of BP Azerbaijan provided substantial amount of practical knowledge on well design, exploration drilling procedures, PVT and Well Performance of petroleum systems, drilling, completions and interventions financial problems. I was actively involved in work on gigantic producing fields as Shah Deniz, Inam, Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli. Not only did I complete five projects such as Well Design analysis of Well, Generic Well Design Modification, Produced Fluids Compositional and PVT Changes, but also the practical knowledge I acquired during my internships is a good foundation on which I can build further. The industrial training much more specified my research interests towards better usage and improvement of PVT parameters for reservoir production forecasting purposes.

While a sophomore at the Azerbaijan State Oil Academy, I have received a fellowship from US Department of State to study Environmental Management of Petroleum Production Systems at University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Arkansas. My research within Chemical Engineering Department of University of Arkansas by combining petroleum and chemical engineering, geology and statistics offered me firsthand experience as a prospective researcher in petroleum engineering field.

My eventual professional goals certainly oriented towards employment within academia or research unit of oil industry. Therefore, my primary aim in Master of Science program is to gain advanced knowledge about the field, master the art of independent research and eventually continue in Doctoral program.

There are many reasons why I would like to join Tulsa University. Tulsa University is unique in terms of research that corresponds to the needs of the petroleum industry. Furthermore, research centres of Tulsa University offer research projects on different branches of production optimization.

All of the experience I gained as an undergraduate student was invaluable. However, I feel that there is much more to be accomplished. I would like to continue my education and research as a M.S. student in the Petroleum Engineering Department. I know that an education from Tulsa University will provide invaluable experience and skills that will allow me to become a successful and innovative scientist.
OP bhasanov 1 / 4  
Please please be fast about my last post
To make a meaningful contribution, and to retain my vital sense of curiosity, it is crucial for me to complete my graduate studies at an institution that is as dynamic and multifaceted as Tulsa University. For as long as I can remember, the Earth sciences always fascinated me. A crucial impact was made on my career path choice comes from the fact that I was born in Azerbaijan, one of the birthplaces of petroleum industry.

One of the research collaborations with which I am currently involved is an optimization of WAG wells by avoidance of high velocity effects for better sweep efficiency.

While a sophomore at the Azerbaijan State Oil Academy, I received a fellowship from the US Department of State to study Environmental Management of Petroleum Production Systems at University of Arkansas Fayetteville, Arkansas.

My long-term professional goals are certainly oriented towards employment within academia or a research unit of oil industry. Therefore, my primary aim in Master of Science program is to gain advanced knowledge about the field, master the art of independent research and eventually continue in Doctoral program.
OP bhasanov 1 / 4  
Kevin,
Thanks for your help,
Are these all of changes needed for this SOP? I mean what about structure and other things like you know organization?

Bashir
Well, there is a limit to how much time I can spend with it, but naturally there is no limit to how much you can improve it. For example, if you come up with rhythmic sentences that say a lot without needing to use too many words... and if you eliminate unnecessary words... you can continue to polish this.

If you want to improve it even more, add another intro paragraph to the beginning -- add it by trying to say the most important points in the whole essay. That way, the reader will know what they are about to read, and they will know the most important truths that you are about to convey.

If you decide to add to this essay, let me see it so I can help! However, if you leave it as it is, I think you will be received very well, because this essay reflects your seriousness.

Home / Graduate / HELP with SOP Proofread:Master Degree Application