Engineering? - What are your Career Goals and how can an MBA help you

ankita2589 1 / 2  
Hi,

I am from engineering background and currently working for last one and a half years in a software (product based) company. I wish to pursue MBA. As expected they need me to write my career goals and how would MBA help. They also want to know why I wish to choose this path.

Although I have basic idea how to write these essays, but the problem that I faced on my previous attempt was how to convince them the reason that why I chose engineering if I wanted to do MBA. The original reason was "security", that is, I may or may not succeed in getting admission in my choice of institution for MBA, but if I have the opportunity to do Engineering, why risk that. But certainly I cannot write this.

So, I needed an opinion or a sample draft of what and how should I write.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. :- I have no background of business in my family and neither have any relatives in this field.
engrdk 3 / 6  
I am from engineering background, too. The reason that why I got admitted into MBA is:

[managing workers]
I have technical education but being as a responsible for some of workers, under my supervision, urges me to know how to manage them, how to motivate them into work, how to conduct and analyse their work, even how to appreciate their work!

[managing work]
I know the way to perform the job easily but I am not able to acieve such / required results due to low effectiveness, efficiency. its not like I am dull but the reason is that I dont know how to manage the work, different tasks during different times and so and so forth.

[general managing]
its about all those useless / extra activities which pull my valuable efforts towards them. I want to apply management education like time management, effort management, strategic management and etc in all those activities so I may able to cut the extra way to perform my job more quicker, easier, and like that.

[ you can explain these types of things in a mannered but YOUR way to catch their eyes, their attention towards you! ]

[Never forget to mention the relation between engineering and management, try google this out! ]
-----
I hope you have found what you are looking for!
Cheers!
OP ankita2589 1 / 2  
Yes, I think I got what I was looking for. Thank you for your reply. Last year I made a big mess answering this question. This time hopefully..I will crack. :)

Thanks again..

Home / Graduate / Engineering? - What are your Career Goals and how can an MBA help you