"committee in charge of the academic branch" - A story of me which influenced me

ccilia 2 / 4  
The question is:Throughout our lives, we have significant experiences or "milestones" that have a lasting impact on us. Briefly describe such an event and its impact on you.

Standing in front of my classmates, I saw the confuseness, the unfamiliarness in their eyes. I know I was almost like a stranger to them even we had been classmates for about one month. I calmed myself down and started my speech for the election of the leader in charge of student academic branch:" I am Xiru Chen. I guess that most of the class don't know me, and saw me few times. I sat in the back row in class. I had few talks with only some of my classmates.At first, I owed all of these to the school arrangements-I live in different dormitory building. I felt I was abandoned. I can't live with you, can't gossip the latest news about the class in the dormitory. I can't discuss the topics in the class with you. I was like a blind and a deaf in class affairs. Later, I know that I was just afraid that you won't talk to me if I talk first. However, this situation was totally opposite to what I thought before I entered the class. I promised to myself that I will be a new person, I want to be friends with you. So, today, I am here to elective the position-committee in charge of the academic branch. Though I havn't done this position before, I had learnt a lot from my former committees. What's more, I can take advantage of being a student in this school for two more years than you. I know better about the academic systems. I want to have a chance to know you and be known by you. I will do my best to faciliate you, to serve you!"

From that day on , I started my duty as the leader in charge of the academic. One of my main job is to convey information to the class correctly and opportunely. I, at first, sometimes forgot to tell some details. In order to deal with this better, I think holistically before an announcement, I tried to know all the details and think out the answers the questions my class may ask me. I started to drop by my classmates' dormitories, finished the teamwork with them, chatted with them and had fun together. During conversations, I sensed that there was a disappointment among the class in one course. Many people felt that one of our teachers seemed as if he was teaching to himself. He cared little about the student's feedbacks. Sometimes he taught so fast that most students can't get his ideas. I know that was harmful to both the teacher and the students. And it reminded me that I should pay more attetion to the need of the class. Considering that my class consists of different major students, some have learnt basic economic courses, while others haven't, there would be a disagreement about the progress rate. So I held a meeting asking the feedbacks about all the teachers. After collected the information, I summarized the most essential problems and communicated with the teachers about the special situation in our class and the feedbacks from the students. The teachers were glad that I can organize such a meeting and helped them in better teaching. I got some advice from the teachers about some specific courses and the learning methods. There is an improvement in the class ambience. The relationship between the students and the teacher became closer. I also created a mailbox to report the questions and suggestions about the courses and to upload some useful information. All my classmates appreciate my behavior. The friendly environment help us learn more from our teachers. They sometimes are more like friends to us, rather than like teachers.Now, I am also called the "Problem-Solver". They always come to me to find a help when they encouter some difficulties. Don't know where to register for the new course, ask for my help. Don't know which decision to make, they ask my advice.I share their happiness and sorrows. We talked heart to heart. I have been trsuted and relied on.

In the end of the semster, I was rewarded as one of the two Excellent Leader in class. Again, I stood in front of my classmates to summarize my performance. I was still nervous but now more confident:"I really appreciate the opportunity you give me to fufill my promise. What I did this semster are tiny things, but I learnt a lot from these. I became more patient, more careful and more attentive. And now I know that I shouldn't waste my time trying to change the settled situation. Instead, I should think more about what I can change. I should live it and adapt to it. I should trust myself and always stay true to myself. If we want to chang the status quo, all we need to do is conquer the inner fear, step out, and try our best. Then we will find that we can make a difference."

Hope you can understand what my story is, and I want to hear your suggestion about the essay, do you like it? what do you know about me ?

Thank you so much ~~
Kimbi18 1 / 3  
Try not to use words like confuseness , unfamiliarness , and learnt because they're not real words. Instead use confused, unfamiliar, or learned. Reread the essay there are many grammatical errors in your second paragraph which makes to read.

Home / Graduate / "committee in charge of the academic branch" - A story of me which influenced me