'to develop myself as a well trained chemical engineer' Graduate Essay on Chemical Engineering

sunkara 2 / 2  
"I wish to pursue my graduate studies at your esteemed institution, as I believe that a Masters degree will help me to realize my ultimate goal, which is to develop myself as a well trained chemical engineer and establish a career in the chemical industry.

Over the years in school, I developed a great interest in basic sciences and mathematics because I was amazed by the role science and mathematics played in helping mankind lead a better life. This led me to choose an undergraduate course in engineering, specifically chemical engineering, because I felt that chemical engineering was the only field which involved study of the basic sciences and mathematics. Another reason behind this choice was that chemical engineers create innovations by solving technological problems that impact the life of common man in surprising ways. For me, this was a great opportunity to directly serve society.

I had got interested in science and mathematics right since school and furthermore the laboratory experiments in chemistry I had done at junior college, had left an indelible mark upon my mind. My ambition to work in science field has further been encouraged by my consistent academic success. I was ranked in top ten (in a class of 200) in my high school with 83.70% marks. Chemistry being field of my interest, I enrolled for Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering at SRM University.

The subjects like fluid mechanics, thermodynamics,heat transfer,mass transfer, physical and organic chemistry and process control fascinated me no end.I visited Louis Pharmaceutical for the summer training in my second year of engineering.It was there I got my first taste of research work. The practical training that I went through on the intermediate products that the company produces like anti depressants and anti hypertensives that invloves in physical and organic chemistry.Though the results were not completely I acheived, But it really did fascinate me seeing how do they take place.

Among the various alternative energy sources I find great interest in fuel cells . With dwindling petroleum reserves and growing concerns regarding pollution, fuel cells could be the answer to solve our energy problems. With growing interest in the industry regarding the development of fuel cells for automobiles and power generation, I believe there is tremendous scope in this field.I even did my project on "Manufacture of Hydrazine as a fuel cell". And also I did another short training for a period of two weeks in Chennai petroleum Corporations Limited, There I was under a constant training for manufacture of petroleum through many ways and the intermediate products during the manufacture. . I was simply astounded to see the giant distillation towers and extractors and other reactors. I was also taken to the plant control division where I was shown how the entire plant was automated and how the entire process could be monitored using the computers. It was just awesome that an entire plant was being controlled by just a few operators monitoring the various critical parameters at their terminals. Visits to these industries also enlightened me on the various environmental issues confronting the industry. It also made me aware of the role of the chemical engineer towards protecting the environment. A course on environmental science and engineering in my second year introduced the concept of sustainable development and how a chemical engineer could contribute towards reducing pollution

I have no doubt that the UNIVERSITY NAME is 'the' appropriate one for me, since it provides a unique mix of educational advantages. It is one of the most dynamic universities providing personal attention and extensive academic resources along with superior education in the field of Chemical Engineering. Here, I will receive an education that gives me both, the technical skills and the intellectual discipline to become a leader in the industry. This will ultimately help me to provide vital contributions to society and work in a way to expedite the advancement and betterment of humanity as a whole.

I have an overall CGPA of 70% during my Enginnering. However, I am of the opinion that theoretical work alone is of little use unless it is accompanied by practical knowledge. I believe that I would be a suitable applicant for masters in the university since I've always been inclined towards practical tasks and the everlasting quest to learn more. Education should be a medium for the unfolding of one's inborn faculties, enabling one's to use mind, eyes, ears, and hands, as they should be used. This is the kind of education I would want, and one that I know your University will equip me with. It would be a great pleasure and honor for me if I were given a chance to ensue my graduate studies at your highly esteemed University and if I were given an opportunity to teach or do research work I would not fall short of your expectations. I hope that you will find in me a deserving and creditable student for your renowned University."
Lily_J 1 / 2  
Hi there, here are some suggestions. Overall it's a great essay! Good work! I would appreciate if you took a look at my essay.

I had got interested in science and mathematics right since school and furthermore the laboratory experiments in chemistry I had done at junior college...I became interested in science and mathematics right from the get go, furthermore the laboratory experiments I conducted as a junior in college left an indelible mark upon my mind

I really enjoyed your last two paragraphs! Good luck with everything!

Home / Graduate / 'to develop myself as a well trained chemical engineer' Graduate Essay on Chemical Engineering