'career in Singapore / Finance modules / Finance industry' -Applied Economics program

abhi5a 1 / 1  
Hi All,

I'd like some feedback on my answers to the graduate questionnaire. Hopefully you guys can comment on content, grammatical stuff, and other areas I could improve upon.

Background on myself- I graduated two years back with a degree in business (major - accountancy/finance) and I'm working in the consultancy sector (doing IT and process re-engineering work) at a well known MNC firm.

The answers to the questions have to be within 500 characters limit. So my answers have to be really concise as its not much to go by.

My answer to the 1st question exceeds the character count by 52 characters.
My answer to the 2nd question is above the count by 4 characters.
My answer to the 3rd question is still in draft mode, but I'd appreciate your feedback.

I'm hoping you can help me narrow down on what's truly important and perhaps identify areas I should improve upon, remove, or add something new.

1. Please state as concisely as possible: [For non-Singaporeans] why you will return to your home country upon completing your coursework, or if not, why?
> Having lived in multiple countries since the age of 10, I have had exposure to many different cultures and their way of life. This has shaped me into the person I am today and part of this is the curiosity to new explore new places and learn more about the world. Over the past decade, the vast changes brought about by the liberalization of India's economy have made available a myriad of growth opportunities. Whilst this provides a compelling reason to return to India, I am unlikely to do so following my graduate studies. Beginning my career in Singapore allows me to be in the centre of the Asian economic renaissance and be part of a diverse workforce and culture.

2. Please state as concisely as possible: why are you applying for the graduate degree?
> During my undergraduate degree, the global economy was shook by the aftershocks of the sub-prime crisis. The learnings from my economics & finance modules helped to relate the events affecting the banks to our lives. For example, I found the simplicity with which economics could explain how poor loans made out in the US could affect banks and its economies in countries across the globe to be fascinating. The programs blend of the theoretic and practical aspects of economics provides insight into the relationship between everyday events and the policies that shape our economies and industries.

3. Please state as concisely as possible: your career goals, and how the graduate degree would benefit you and your country?
> My work in consultancy has provided exposure to projects in varying industries. While I have enjoyed the learnings brought about by this opportunity, I keen to develop my career within finance. I have always enjoyed learning about the intricacies of the field and appreciate the significance of the industry to the global economy.

Through pursuing the master's program, I look to demonstrate my continued interest in the field and my persevering approach to meeting my career goals.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
made me to had exposure to experienced

Sorry, replace "experienced" with "experience".
hatrash 1 / 1  
> My work as a consultant has provided me with an opportunity to learns form projects in multiple industries. But I have realized that my interest lies in finance, hence want to pursue a career in this field.

Home / Graduate / 'career in Singapore / Finance modules / Finance industry' -Applied Economics program