Home / Faq, Help   % width Posts: 12

New Innovations in EF Intriguing?

meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
I see that in just the last few days, there have been several changes in layout of this forum.
number of posts/threads have moved. the NEW THREAD button was added again. tips on the top are helpful. I can't however, highlight the buttons to check on what they are now. such as post checker.

Is there a place to give suggestions on the site overall? Is this the place?
Jeannie 10 / 214  
Hi, Jonathan! Why don't you join our family of contributors? You give good feedback, and I seem to see your name quite a bit. You will then be able to post in the Moderator/Contributor forum. I will get you the link in a sec...hopefully...I am bad at links for strange and various reasons.

Meanwhile I will copy and paste your question over there so someone is sure to see it.

Blue skies!

Jeannie

OK, Try this, if it doesn't work go to Essay Forums (top left) and scroll to bottom of page and click on EF Contributors. There, it will tell you what the criteria are and how to apply, etc.
OP meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Okay, thanks for the tip. The link did work.

So instead of making this a meaningless post, here's my message:
Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm currently a senior in high school, applying to those colleges and all. While my main interest is math and science, I've picked up quite a bit of English writing experience from school and peer editing. As a child, I was told that writing was important, but I didn't enjoy it. I can't see why I thought that back then. Maybe my teachers' insistence on 5paragraph essays. Anyways, I hope I can help others be better, more creative writers through constructive exchanges of information.

haha. feel free to critique it ^^

!! found a great link embedded in the threads from last year.

californiacolleges.edu/admissions/university-of-california-uc/personal-statement.asp

has lots of good information.
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  

Please send your bio via the contact form as suggested by Jeannie ;).

EF
Jeannie 10 / 214  
The link did work.

...fainted dead away.

Teehee, and take ou tthe contractions because they come out like this >I#&@*ve...not kidding, wait till you see mine. Which reminds me, I have to go change it.

Good luck, and thanks for all your help, I will check out that site (the link didn't work, haha, but I am a master at copy & paste)
OP meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
is there a way to revive an old forum thread?
this post has faded from disuse, but I would like to comment.

essayforum.com/general-writing-questions-13/logical-fallacies-debate-p ersuasive-writing-6744/

there were several others that I found useful, but they are closed.

another thing, something I just found out today. haha, could someone tell the webmaster a suggestion? to move the forum jump scrollbar at the top of the page?

thanks.

----

Yes, you can reopen that thread (I already did it for you).

EF
OP meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Found out about the different layouts... need to open the EssayForum.com picture to see the things on the side..
and logout is through the profile page.-could that button be moved to an easier to find location?
for those who use this site on public places, that would make it easier to log out.
Yes! I also had trouble logging out way back when I first started here. I think we are stuck with this format for now, but you are probably right.
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
need to open the EssayForum.com picture to see the things on the side..

What picture and what side?

This is to prevent users to create new usernames when they forget their password or username (and that happens more than often)..
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  

With your permission:

- colleges and all* informal
- writing was important* reword to correct tense
- I can't see why I thought that back then* thought what? not enjoying a task is not a thought; telling us that you were not enjoying a task is not informing us of any thought; the cited sentence is therefore incorrect.

- Maybe my teachers' insistence.. * fragment; minor issue.
- Anyways* anyway is standard
OP meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
Why thank you Mustafa :] I will make sure to change that whenever I get the chance. That writeup took 2 minutes so yes it was a bit sloppy. hehe
Jeannie 10 / 214  
It was abominable! Oh, which reminds me, I still have to fix mine! But I'm kinda diggin' the "cartoon cuss-word" look.. :D

K, going away now...

Home / Faq, Help / New Innovations in EF Intriguing?