Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm currently a senior in high school, applying to those colleges and all. While my main interest is math and science, I've picked up quite a bit of English writing experience from school and peer editing. As a child, I was told that writing was important, but I didn't enjoy it. I can't see why I thought that back then. Maybe my teachers' insistence on 5paragraph essays. Anyways, I hope I can help others be better, more creative writers through constructive exchanges of information.
With your permission:
- colleges and all* informal
- writing was important* reword to correct tense
- I can't see why I thought that back then* thought what? not enjoying a task is not a thought; telling us that you were not enjoying a task is not informing us of any thought; the cited sentence is therefore incorrect.
- Maybe my teachers' insistence.. * fragment; minor issue.
- Anyways* anyway is standard