Writing a term paper in a Rogerian style..

RaYaNe 1 / 1  
Hello, i'm new to this site and i think it's a good idea. Anyway i have a term paper it should be 6 pages or more and in a Rogerian style. so i'm working on it but i dont know if what i'm doing is right. We have to read 3 texts that talks about the same issue but diffrent writers, and what did i do is wrote what they said in their texts and wrote my own opinion but i dont know if it's enough what i'm doing so anyone can help me?
Well, I'd say you should post what you have got done already, so that we can read it and give you feedback on it. It is difficult to critique something we can't read.
OP RaYaNe 1 / 1  
In the first text for the author Martha Irvine talked about youths and to any degree they are related to the internet and chatting. From her examples there are Scott Kearnan who said that when he don't use internet he feels isolated from the world, William Herbert who replaced almost everything in his life with a screen and a cable connection, Malcolm Bird said that new generation means internet, Steve Jones said that young people now are connected to their family and friends through webcam and live chat even if the other person is on the other side of the planet, Suhas Sridharan a freshman student who uses internet since she was in six grade and still using it for searching assignments. As for Crystal Cienfuegos found his job through internet, Gabriel Schaffzin used internet to renovate his father's personalized calendar business, Susannah Stern said that 20 years ago they couldn't imagine that there will be such a thing called Internet, Jennifer Anello mentions an accident happened with her boyfriend because of his profile on Internet. To come to the parents, Amanda Lenhart are afraid on her children because of the rumors that teens spread in blogs and my space that innuendo her teens. Andrea Johnson said that older people are afraid to use internet although it provides a lot of websites and chatting pages to discuss any subject we want, Stern thinks it's a place for kids to figure out who they are and a very useful technology that help teens understand their material much better and at least for Jones, he finds technology is a powerful technology that can be useful anywhere and at any time especially in schools and at work, it will increase the productivity much better that the last 20 years.

Moreover the writer Martha Irvine said that the cyber space is a special community for the teenagers and it's a place that they can download everything they want from like music for their iPods, they are easily plugged to a world of communication and information just in one click. Students like to use internet for a project research because it's easier than searching in a library and it's a very helpful thing to improve ways of teaching. Although it give to thieves, sexual predators a new place to look for victims.

As a result I agree with Martha is some points and other points are exaggerated when Andrea Johnson said that old people are afraid from technology, I see it differently they like to learn new things in life especially when they are retired, they don't have anything to do so they learn new things like playing music instruments, new language and how to use a computer, they just need to be learned in a simple and easy way. For the parents that are afraid from internet sites and chatting, they can just block those sites and always be around their children when they are surfing on Internet.

i dont know if it's what i should write :S plz help the text is for Martha Irvine-Youths Adopt, Drive Technological Advances
First, introduce the issue in an intro paragraph. Tell what the issue is, and give a little description (in just 2 sentences or so) of how the three sources are similar or different.

Then, write one paragraph for each of the three texts. So, take what you have and separate the paragraphs so that there is one para for each text.

Then, in the conclusion paragraph, sum up the relationships here, and reflect on them. Your conclusion para is looking good already!

Home / Essays / Writing a term paper in a Rogerian style..