How to write a story about my favorite season (5 sensory details)

Shortshort999 1 / -  
My teacher assigned me to write a story about my fav season with at least 5 sensory details and I can not tell what the season is until the end of the story.But I can't think of anything! Please give me an idea or a full topic!! Thank you! :)
yungmoni 2 / 5  
First you need to find what season you want to talk about. Which season (summer, winter, spring, fall) makes you feel the happiest? Why is that so? For example, for summer you could describe the way the sun illuminates everything around you and makes everything brighter. Or for winter maybe the taste of the crisp snowflakes as they melt in your mouth is tantalizing. Something like that. Make sure you make the feelings clear, but leave the season out of it until the end. Focus on the 5 senses: sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. I would suggest starting with a web of some kind, so you can just put your ideas to paper. Later you can think of the 5 best ones and include them in your story.

An idea for a story might be some little kids experiencing their first snowfall after moving to New York from L.A. (where there is no snow).

Best of luck! Hopefully this gets you off your writer's block.

yungmoni

Home / Essays / How to write a story about my favorite season (5 sensory details)