"My weekend" - essay writing ideas

aysha 7 / 1  
Please could u give me some ideas because i have to write an essay on the topic "My weekend".

Thank you.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

The hardest part about writing is getting started! First of all, give yourself permission to just get something down on paper (or screen) without worrying about how good it is. If you can write about any weekend in your life, choose one where something fun or unusual happened. If you need to write about your most recent weekend, where not a lot was going on, you'll want to make it interesting by the details you include.

In any writing, including details that paint a picture and draw the reader into your story will make reading it a pleasurable experience. For example, you could just say, "It was a typical weekend. I ate breakfast, then went to the mall and bought a sweater." Ho hum! How boring is that?

So, jazz it up with some good description and metaphor: "I woke up with a growl in my stomach worthy of a bear emerging from hibernation. Breakfast was sausage and eggs for me -- I needed strength for the coming battle: Saturday at the mall. I could feel that glorious, pink cashmere sweater calling my name and knew I could resist its siren song no more."

See the difference? It's all in the details. Once you've gotten a draft ready, I'd be happy to have a look at it for you. :-)

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / "My weekend" - essay writing ideas