Term paper on cross-cultural communication

Thuong 3 / 13  
Hi everybody,
I'm from Vietnam. I am going to do a graduation paper on cross-cultural communication subject. However, I have no idea about what topic I should conduct my paper on. I hope that you can provide me some suggestions for my topic.

Thanks you a bundle!
Hi, this is a great subject. Topics associated with cross-cultural communication include various contexts or settings -- for example, cross-cultural communication in the classroom, in international business, in politics, etc.

Are you interested in education? If so, you can write about how cultural differences create misunderstanding in the classroom. For example, the curriculum might have a "cultural bias."

You can also make a topic of choosing particular cultures -- for example, Latino culture and American culture.

Choose a topic related to your interests. What would you like to do professionally as an adult?
OP Thuong 3 / 13  
Hi, thanks for your suggestions. The topic "How cultural differences create misunderstanding in the classroom" really interests me.

However, the goal of cross-cultural communication course at my university is to raise student's awareness of similarities and differeces in communication across cultures through a focus on Anglicist-Vietnamese verbal and non-verbal communication. Another goal of this course is to compare and contrast English and Vietnamese languages to bring out the cultural influences on linguistics features and language use. Therefore, I think that the topic must be something that I can compare between Vietnam-my homecountry and English speaking countries. There are not many students from other countries studying in Vietnam, so researching on "misunderstanding in the classroom" is quite hard.

In spite of this, I really want to make this topic. Do you think that this topic is relavant to the goals of my course? I'm waiting for your help.

P/S. The topic about particular cultures seems to be too general and large for my graduation paper. Could you please raise the subtopic of it? Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day!^_^
You notice how the first suggestion you got didn't really work as well as the one you could come up with on your own, because you are more familiar with the coursework than anyone else on the site? That's going to remain true. But, based on what you say here, why not write a paper that attempts to answer the question of how differences between English and Vietnamese styles of communicating could lead to misunderstanding in classrooms in which the students have one of those as their first language while the teacher has the other as his or her first language?

Home / Essays / Term paper on cross-cultural communication