Study abroad (personal statement / letter of intent) - starting ideas

altagracia1 1 / -  
hey guys i need alot of help starting my study abroad personal statement anybody have any ideas any helppp i can use pleaseee!
theonejosue 2 / 6  
talk about why you want to go abroad...
or you can say quote about the place or a description of the place you will go study. then you can say thats one of the reasons you want to go there.
JamesofJoys - / 1  
Hi, I don't know with which whom you are going abroad. I am surprised that you need
a personal statement to join. Well, I am studying abroad too. I will go to Paris with Paris I.S. They are not too expensive and a friend of mine went with them.

Maybe add some arguments why you want to go to a certain destination.
Envie 4 / 60  
The typical answer (if that's what you wanted) would go along the lines of these "points":

-Understanding of the language as well as the culture (if you are going to U.K. for Oxford etc then you obviously can't be arguing that you want to learn the language)

-Your love to travel or your "dream" to study in a foreign country
-If it's like for London School of Economics, then you can talk specifically about that school and how much it can offer you (if you are majoring in Economics)

But I think those are cliched but I somehow doubt they are expecting fresh answers that are profound and impressive. Just express why you want to go there BEYOND "Oh, I would love to study in France because that totally sounds sophisticated and I want to eat bonbons and crepes and go to boums." Meaning, don't sound shallow.

Study Abroads are meant to be educational so write something that proves you want to LEARN rather than just have fun (although you definitely are!) I can't wait until I go to college and do study abroad...
palmtrees123 1 / 1  
well first of all why do you want to go abroad?

Is there anything you are looking to gain, something that u don't currently have?

you could write about everything you currently have but how (whatever your trying to gain by going abroad ) is missing.
try sitting down and making a brain spill becuase normally these essays are very typical and expected so by brainstorming on paper you might be able to find an edge.
niloo - / 13  
think about your goals, what you wanna do for them? what you want to learn at their university? about your background,,,records,,publicatons,, whatever that shows you are an active student and suitable to their team...think about your abilities, your strength... and write step by step,,,in different paragraphs and show a string body in your notes...be creative
Erjola - / 1  
I want an essay about advantages of studying abroad (letter of intent ideas?)

Hello :)
I have to write an essay :Why you want to study in Türkiye (maximum of 2,000 characters). Letter of intent may include, - your spesific reasons to study in Türkiye, - a spesification on why you want to study the departments or fields you have chosen, - Your carrier goals after graduation

Please can you help me?
frank1992 3 / 5  
Hi,
In my opinion: reasons for studying should be obvious like travelling stuff, better education, meet new people, cultural exchange, feel the sense of independence, etc.

Then, you can simply point out on your chosen department to relate the topic with your future career. Exemplify, how the education in Turkey can help in your future career.

Take care
Good luck
ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

I think you should know exactly about your goals then you can arrange your essay in a proper format.
Following points will help you to write your essay in a proper format:
1. What is your goal?( write about your goals)
2. What are options available to fulfill your goals? (Choose best one)
2. Why you want to study in Turkey only? (availability of a particular program, importance of that program etc)
3. How this will help you in your future OR How this will fulfill your dream?

Hope this will help.

All the best.

Ana.

Home / Essays / Study abroad (personal statement / letter of intent) - starting ideas