rhetorical analysis of Martin Luther king letter from the Birimingham Jail

jgore9 1 / -  
I am do completely lost... It is due tomorrow and I have no clue what I am doing. I don't even have a thesis wrote yet.

Can someone please help me!
Thanks
cowman809 3 / 5  
nt.armstrong.edu/terms.htm#INDEX

MLK used A LOT of emotional and ethical appeals.
Look at the way he uses language to generate strong emotional effects. So, in one part, he strings together several clauses each beginning with "when you" in order to show the magnitude of the injustices faced by the Black community. There are a ton of other things like this that you can find and talk about in the letter.
Ah I'm sorry you got stuck on this one. Did it work out okay today? If you google that letter, it is available online. It really is a brilliant piece of writing.

Tell that teacher you'll turn it in late. Everyone makes mistakes... but don't miss the opportunity to write about that letter.

King was a hero.. for sure, and a great writer.

For your paper, compare his assertion of a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws with Thoreau's refusal to pay taxes when he disapproved of the government's actions. That will make a good thesis.
gregorious90 - / 1  
Essay on Dr.Martin Luther Kings Jr's Letter From Birmingham Jail

Hi all, I am doing an essay on Dr.Kings Letter from Birmingham Jail and I am currently stuck. I have to talk about the specific arguments to support his position. I have no idea what this means, and how to define "a specific argument" that Kings uses. Any help would be appriciated, if you would like to see the Letter, you can google it, or have me send it to you. Thanks.
No one who lives in the United States can be considered an "outsider."

These are brilliant, specific arguments:
"influenced by the view which argues against 'outsiders coming in'" (paragraph 1). King writes, "We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny" (paragraph 4).

King is all about Christian fellowship and harmony among people. He is angry about the injustice, but he is calling for "brotherhood" and peace.

So... as you read, you will see that he achnowledges certain ways of thinking -- within the church or within Alabama -- and then he says something thoughtful that makes you stop to reconsider. These are the specific arguments.

Enjoy it!! This is one of his best.

Home / Essays / rhetorical analysis of Martin Luther king letter from the Birimingham Jail