I need a quote / maxim for an essay

sowill2310 1 / -  
I want a quote for essay
fuzzy 3 / 10  
Hi there,

You sure didn''t give us much to go on. When I need a quote, I use this website: brainy quote.
Good Luck!
How about Eckhart Tolle:

"Life is a dancer, and you are the dance."

Is that what you mean? Give us some more description of what you need!! If you want to use the above quote, it is in A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. Good luck!!

:)
GrammarFool 2 / 4  
oh how about this from napoleon " history is a collection of lies that are agreed upon"
Is the essay supposed to be based on quotation, or merely inspired by it. It makes a difference. In any event, you could try one of the following:

"The last temptation is the greatest treason: to do the right deed for the wrong reason" (T.S. Eliot)

"Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;" (Yeats)

"Death closes all: but something ere the end, / Some work of noble note, may yet be done / not unbecoming men who strove with gods" (Tennyson)

"Not only does God play dice with the Universe - he sometimes casts them where they can't be seen" Stephen Hawking
MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
this is what I needed lol thanks alot!
cookieesz - / 1  
"breaking some laws and obeying others?" - help on analzying this quote!

"One may well ask, "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer is found in the act that there are two types of laws. There just laws and there are unjust laws. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws."

It's from Letter from Birmingham Jail by MLK. I'm using this quote for my essay and I'm stuck... I don't know what the heck this quote is stating. Please help! I need help ASAP!
It might help you to google around and find "Civil Disobedience" by Thoreau. That will explain this subject to you better than I can. It means that as a government "by the people'', we should be able to tear them down for their unjust laws. Also, this is a quote by Martin Luther King Jr. Don't forget to add 'Jr' after his name, because his father was a great man in his own right, so we should not confuse them.
shahps41592 1 / 5  
'How to analyze and evaluate a few maxims?' - help with a scholarship essay

I am applying for a scholarship and it asks me to analyze and evaluate a few maxims. I would appreciate any ideas on the below maxims: Thanks in advance.

One can make a giant stride by having the will to persevere.

It is never too late to use one's talents.

Thanks.
Rashad 3 / 8  
I think second one is better, you can write comprehensive letter in accordance with your future plans and past experiences.
Good luck
DanielTheMIme - / 1  
Finding quotes of suffering in the chrysalids and flowers for algernon

Yes i seem unable to find clear images of suffering in these two novels. this is a comparative essay due January 9th. I have one quote form flower for algernon and need one more. I need two quotes form the chrysalids. If you don't know exactly where can you specify a chapter?
Jono18 1 / 9  
Flowers for Algernon is a well written book. I read it in middle school, and had to write a paper similar to yours.

*"For a short while he had forgotten how bad he is, how he makes his parents suffer."

-Charlie Gordon suffered from mental

--I really like this link. Will help a lot.
kohkaijielanguagearts.blogspot.com/2010/03/flowers-for-algernon-is-ignorance-bliss.html

Hope this helped!

Home / Essays / I need a quote / maxim for an essay