Modify/critique my ENG Thesis- Overcoming self-image and confidence

sadsadaasdasd 1 / -  
There I sat in front of the mirror diluted with pain, and sorrow. I looked at myself for a good minute, and finally, turned away in disgust. There was an unyielding sense of disapproval, and distaste-bitterness I just couldn't contain. Acnes everywhere, unwanted facial hair, ears the size of Manhattan-the list goes on and on... These associations that I carried of me had adverse effects, and consequently, had impacted my confidence and self-value. This complication started in my Middle-school years. I was a typical geek: nerdy glasses, pimples dilated on my forehead, facial hair covering a good portion of my face. I also walked around with a gawky posture that was often looked upon as having self-esteem issues. I was drowning in a world of pain, unable to escape the hell I was living in. I desperately wanted to change and liberate myself of the misery that was taking place in my life.

I sought to abandon all the negativities I had of myself and start fresh-devoid of any unhappiness. I instead looked at myself in a positive perspective; shed some light in the world of darkness. As time went on, I became more and more adapted to my appearance, and didn't care for anyone who denigrated me for my looks. I attribute much of this transformation through my guidance and perseverance. I ultimately got tired of drowning in my own sorrow, and thus sought alternatives of resolving the issue. I turned to my family members, friends, and professors for guidance. I received invaluable information and was told that if I had difficulty of loving myself, that others would find it difficult to love me. The transition that I made, the confidence that I gained through words of encouragement and wisdom, had proven to strengthen my character and outlook on life. I witnessed in myself a total transformation.

I have my fair-share of experiences that had both detrimental and beneficial effects. Through most of my life, especially Middle school, I often looked upon myself as the "ugly duckling" and considered myself short of looks. I had a burden on my shoulders and had to carry out that burden as years progressed. I ultimately reached a pinnacle moment in my life when I started to gain confidence through my personality, and friends who had accepted me for who I am, and not for my looks. I realized that life is not all about looks that you are what you make yourself out to be, and that personality is the most important aspect of one's image. I started to develop myself of a suave type of person, with a bunch of characteristics that I liked myself for, and ultimately looks weren't much of a problem to me anymore.
tomcruisin444 2 / 19  
I received invaluable valuable information and was told that if I had difficulty of loving myself, that then others would find it difficult to love me.

Overall I think you need to add more to this essay and codense it to make it more fluid and flow better.

Home / Undergraduate / Modify/critique my ENG Thesis- Overcoming self-image and confidence