Interview a Person whose Native Language is not English

emmi 2 / 1  
hello guys...i am here again with a new problem
now ihave to make report that:interview a person whoes native language is not english..
and ask the person to what is the difference between the grammer and syntax of urdu and english....i just need to know one thing how should i start writing m,y report...

what should be the introductory words????
thanks
tiantian12 8 / 47  
Perhaps you can first introduce why you want to compare English to XXX language.
Lana_J 1 / 2  
I like to start my essays/reports with quitations of some famous people (politicians, writers etc). And very often it really helps to make the beginning interesting.
jerry 17 / 10  
I think you should start with a difficult situation you had to face. Once you have the base, try to show people how you got over it. With the way you tell your story, your very own 'you' would be shown off.
MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
start with a hook first btw
judas 4 / 21 2  
I agree with Moe. Hooks are key
I think you should write a paragraph about the person and his or her opinion as a "body" paragraph.

Then, write a paragraph comparing that opinion to your own view, as a person with your own background.

After that, figure out what meaningful truth about language you have discovered. Write about that in another body paragraph.

After you have written 3 body paragraphs, you finally have something to introduce! See, it is hard to introduce something that does not exist yet.

So, in answer to your question, I think you should hook the reader's interest like the others advised, but you have to do it by writing something about this special truth that is uncovered by your essay. You have to write the material of the essay before you can do a good job of introducing it.

I always do my introductions last, after writing the essay.
You could start with a quotation of a translation of a Urdu idiom or saying that related to whatever your thesis statement is. That could act as a good hook.
Cool idea from Sean! A common, wise saying from that language...

Home / Essays / Interview a Person whose Native Language is not English