Ideas on a Narrative Essay on a mistake in my life.

Icychill 1 / 1  
I plan on doing it on how I diddnt take high school seriously and how I could of gotten a scholarship to college but I don't know what to write that would make 2 pages. It need some ideas on what I can write
mea505 - / 265  
Well, you certainly are not in a position to write -- not yet at least. First, sit down with a pencil and paper and write some ideas -- about your life, how you have lived your life thus far, how you handled high school, or any other situation in your life. You might just find that your ideas about high school are not strong enough and that you have another idea about an essay. Who knows? Only you do. But, you have to start by just writing some ideas. Don't worry about the spelling or the grammar, just write something.

Then, when you feel as if you have enough information on paper, start writing about a specific time in your life when a mistake cost a lot. It might just be high school; on the other hand, it might be something else. Brain storm. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you?

You can then begin by developing a thesis statement -- a statement that identifies your thesis. Build your essay around that, use paragraphs to separate ideas, and use a topic sentence for each of the paragraphs.

Post your initial essay on this forum. We will get back with you and let you know how well you are doing.

Mark
OP Icychill 1 / 1  
this is what i have so far

Many people make mistakes in their lifetime. A mistake I made was not taking high school seriously and not doing the best I could. My grades in high school were almost like a roller coaster, going up and down. When I started high school I had all honors classes. Thinking that the classes would be very challenging and strenuous I tried to do the best I could. I did all of the homework, took notes, studied for tests and paid attention in class. When the first trimester had ended, i was happy to find out I had received high grades in almost all of my classes. In the middle of freshman year i stopped working so hard because everything i had so far didn't turn out to be as hard as i thought it would be. I started joking around in class and studied less often. My grade in history went from a 95 to a 75 in one trimester. I was still able to pass without any problems. Summer came and I was out partying with friends almost every night. When sophomore year started I started struggling with classes such as math and chemistry. I wasn't getting high grades like I did in the beginning of freshman year. I was receiving from average to below average scores on tests as having a satisfactory grade point average. I still tried hard in school but not as much as I did in freshman year. Then end of the year had come and i had barely passed all of my classes.

This is about a page so far and i guess ill write about my junior and senior year for the rest, which will pretty much sound the same. Does it sound like i am saying "I" too much? Besides any spelling mistakes is there anything i should change so far?
Many people make mistakes in their lifetime.

Not helpful. No purpose for this sentence.

A mistake I made was not taking high school seriously and not doing the best I could. ---I think you can discuss a specific class or semester, not the whole high school career.

When I started high school I had all honors classes.----- if this is true, do not be so unfair to yourself as to say you 'did not take school seriously.' You did sometimes!

I don' think you say "I" too much, but you dump on yourself too much... "Summer came and I was out partying with friends almost every night. " this is not fair. You make yourself seem so bad.

Write an essay about an aspect of your personality that is like a personal demon.

For example, I think my ego has often caused me to defeat my own purposes. I could write an interesting essay about the way I thought about things and the result it had... write an essay about something about your personality that caused a mistake and how you can turn that part of your personality into a strength instead.

:-)

Home / Essays / Ideas on a Narrative Essay on a mistake in my life.