I need help on writing Informative (and Surprising) essay.

sajjan 1 / -  
i need help on Informative (and Surprising) essay topic?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

If by a "surprising" essay topic, you mean one that would be unique or unusual, there is a whole world of wonder out there to choose from! Is there something that particularly interests you? Here are some ideas off the top of my head: "The Origin of Anime"; "Why Too Much Chocolate Gives You a Stomach Ache"; "The Future of Wind Farms in the U.S."; "The Most Unusual Things Ever Sold on eBay."

Just let your imagination run wild and see what you come up with! :-)

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
eloepp - / 1  
Informative Essay Question - how to start it without copying some sections?

Hi, I just have a question... I have to do an informative essay for my communications class, and I've finally decided that I want to do it on Nikola tesla... I'm having problems starting it without copying exactly what certain page says. For example, I want to say who he is in the beginning without copying a page word for word, but it's almost hard to do. I get the feeling I'm going to have this problem with the entire essay. Since an informative essay is mostly facts I would assume, it's going to be hard for me to put it into my own words. I'm not good at writing essays in the first place =\ any helps or tips would be appreciated.
Ropes4u 2 / 11  
You could pick another character like a person you know for starters. But if it has to be someone who is well known reword and reference the original sources. The moderators will have much better advice..

John
Wow, that's the story of my life! Well, the thing to do is get into an energetic state of mind, and then read and read, a few different sources about the subject. Then, write one paragraph about it without looking at any of the sources. Explain it as you would explain something to a friend.

Try that, and see how far you get.

Also, and I know this is a cheap trick: just make a list of sentences by copy/pasting material from online articles and put them in a crazy, senseless order in your word document. Next, switch each sentences around (i.e. switch each sentence around next; the next thing to do with th sentences is switch them around; switching sentences around is the next thing to do; sentences written one way can be switched around to be presented in another way; see what I mean? It's like shuffling cards.

And here is the best one: Some word processing prgms (I have office 2003) have a built in thesauras, so you can past material into your word document and then right click a word to see a bunch of synonyms. That is a cheap trick!! But you can quickly find different words to say the same thing.
ChicitaGatita 2 / 7  
Hi Kevin

I just wanted to say I LOVE reading your replies. They're always so warm, positive and motivating and you give wonderful tips. Thank you :)
Thank you, Amanda, for your kind words. Your extremely cool username, by the way, probably lifts peoples spirits as often as do our encouraging replies.
The best way to write informative essays in your own words is just to write up what you have learned from your research in your own words. After all, even if you wanted to copy word for word, I doubt you could do it purely from memory. Don't forget, though, that you will want some quotations, and that even paraphrased information needs to be cited.

Home / Essays / I need help on writing Informative (and Surprising) essay.