My grandparents' apartment; Descriptive essay about a place

Bellatianti 1 / -  
Hi, I'm the new in this forum. I have not commented with others' essays but i am really appreciate that you guys can help me.

This is a descriptive essay about a place and there are not other requirements. I wanna ask that
1. is there any problem in my structure?
2. how about the usage of vocabularies and the grammar.

My grandparents' apartment
In my childhood, I lived with my grandparents because my parents were working in another city. I love my grandparents' apartment where I lived. The apartment is on the second floor of an old brick building which have been built up for several decades. Compared to other classmates' home, this apartment is dowdy. But for me, it is one of the most precious treasures. I have not been there for a long time, so I decide to go there.

That building is located about 100 meters near the road, with the sweet olive trees in the yard. In the summer, every family rests under these trees, intoxicated by the fresh fragrance of the sweet olives. I saunter into the yard and sit on a bench, remembering that I used to sit here and to pillow my head on my grandmother's leg to gaze at the stars on clear nights.

Across the yard and up the steps, I cannot help but miss the days when I was still a little girl running into home, giggling and thumping upstairs. I turn the key and enter my home, breathing the damp air of this old apartment. I walk to the end of the corridor, in the parlor, a sunbeam slants through the cracked glass windows. My thrift grandmother is still sitting in her armchair sewing a button of the coat with glasses. She lifts her head and smiles, the deep wrinkles squeezed from the mouth to forehead in her face.

On the left hand of the parlor is the study room. Four masterpieces of China, historical novels and some magazines lie in the bookcase with glass doors. Some cartoon stickers adorn the glass doors, reminding me that grandpa picked me up to let me stick these stickers. The desk is next to the bookcase, piled up with newspapers. There are some nicks on its surface. Above the desk, white curtains are rolled up, and through the window, you can take the panoramic views of the beautiful yard. In the rainy days, I used to lean on the window and listen to the pitter-patter of the rain. In the sunny days, I can see leaves sparkle in the sunshine and birds jump in the shade.

I turning toward to the corridor, the smell of spicy food come from the kitchen. A mess of pots, dishes with grease lie in the sink, just like naughty boys lying in the bathtub planning to take a shower. I chuckle that grandma still hates washing dishes for so many years.

On the right hand of the corridor is the bedroom, I lie down and roll on the double bed with blue linen sheet and then close my eyes. Old memories come to my mind. I used to held my grandma's hand and felt her warm breath on my cheeks when I fell asleep in her arms. I used to held her little finger in my fist when we walked around the block. I used to jumped on her back, embraced her neck and bothered her for candy.

Every time after I come to this old apartment, I bring back the memories of my childhood with my grandparents and I will cherish my family more.
englishlover 5 / 10  
Answer: No, my advice is make the conclusion longer.

I have not been there for a long time, so I decide to go there .
:went back

I turning toward to the corridor, the smell of spicy food come from the kitchen
:turned
My childhood was spent in my grandparent's apartment with them because my parents were working in another city.

During my childhood, I lived with my grandparents who took care of me because my parents were live in a distant city for their work.

love my grandparents' apartment where I lived. The apartment is on the second floor of an old brick building which have been built up for several decades. Compared to other classmates' home, this apartment is dowdy. But for me, it is one of the most precious treasures. I have not been there for a long time, so I decide to go there.

In many of my friends' eyes, this building was nothing but a dowdy. However, I have always reserved a very special place in my heart for this old fashioned apartment which was on the second floor of a very old brick building that had been built several decades ago.

That building is located about 100 meters near the road, with the sweet olive trees in the yard.

I still love its location; only about 100 meters away from the road with sweet olive trees in the yard.

Home / Essays / My grandparents' apartment; Descriptive essay about a place