Is this a good/strong thesis to write a ProWelfare Persuasive Essay for AP LANG?

otakuharu 1 / 1  
So this is what I have so far:
Welfare extends out to help those through tight situations or unable to work by the support of government provided programs such as Medicare,Food stamps, AFDC, so that those may live appropriate living standards.

Any suggestions to make it better?? It seems slightly weak..
This is for that research essay that ap lang students are required to do. I'm hoping this will turn out at least over 6 pages. I'm planning to write about the major programs i stated. then reasons why welfare exists. Then as an argument a para on the american econ. Thomas Sowell and point out some things he mentioned. the talk about if welfare wasn't around. then some background history of it's establishment.

So from the things i want to write is my currant thesis okay?? what are things i can do to improve the thesis or change it if it doesn't really match up to what i want to write about??

(I wanted to write a con essay on this topic but my teacher opposed it.)
kikiliyik 12 / 35 2  
If u do not mind, I suggest you to add how much people need that program in your country, or how urgent your project is. Thanks
OP otakuharu 1 / 1  
I have to turn in a "semi" final this friday. But I havn't started anything yet other than the thesis. I'm not sure if i should unless the thesis is okay though.. I'll post the semi final on thursday or friday on here for some feedback!!

ill keep in mind to add some statistics

Home / Essays / Is this a good/strong thesis to write a ProWelfare Persuasive Essay for AP LANG?