The feminist literary criticism - need help with my introduction.

Jonyface 3 / 4 1  
What I want to do
1. State history of feminism
2. Explain how feminism does not only involve females
3. State how the novel relates to feminism/gender equality for both sexes

My Problem
- My introduction doesn't flow nicely.
- Need a better thesis than "This essay will analyze the novel using the feminist literary criticism"

In a male dominated world, females experience social, economic, and political disadvantages that limit their full potential. Throughout history, Females have always been striving for equality with Males. However, it was not until the late 1800s that the word "Feminism" appeared and really initiated the movement of gender equality. The word that is supposed to represent gender equality derives from the word feminine, ironic is it not? Gender equality includes both male and female. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini takes place in Afghanistan, a country devastated by civil war and shifts in leadership. In addition, the culture supports male dominance. This essay will analyze the novel using the feminist literary criticism.
Elijah Ngoy 2 / 3  
the thesis seems alright though, are you looking for a more sophisticated one.
You might be able to say, In this essay, the novel will be analyzed, through and through, using feminist literary criticism.
Jonathan, to be honest, I'm surprise that you choose this topic for your essay,
this topic is quiet complex, interesting and very broad, however, very good topic to
write about.

Here' what I have for your essay.

- address women as Female and not Females

- Throughout history, Females have always
- been striving for equality with Males .

- The word that is supposed to represent gender equality derived from the word feminine, ironic is it not?
- Gender equality includes both male and female.( this part of the introduction does not flow properly, add a few more insights on this part and continue on the summary of the essay and it's purpose )

There you have it Jonathan, I hope my remarks helped.

Home / Essays / The feminist literary criticism - need help with my introduction.