Essay about the different symbols that exist in the novel, Lord of the Flies

mrbunny1725 1 / -  
I have to write an essay about the different symbols that exist in the novel, Lord of the Flies. I know the different symbols, such as the fire, conch shell, and Piggy's glasses. My problem is that for my introduction paragraph, my teacher is requiring us to have a hook. Since this is a novel, I can't really think of any good hook that will get people to read.

Anecdotes or statistics don't really work. My teacher hates hooks in the form of a question. I can have my hook as like a fact or a definition but can you guys help me?
Yes, it's easy! Just wait, and that special 'hook' sentence will come to mind.

You can explore the sparknotes about the novel and see what others have said about the symbols. Write a sentence about one of them. Then, write another. Collect a few, and enjoy it. Go deep into it. You will feel inspired, and soon you will spontaneously think of a sentence that is truly interesting. It will be your own creative contribution to the awesome ideas in the story.

The trick is to use the best 'sequence' when you work. Don't try to pull that magic 'hook' sentence out of the air. Wait for it. Type a few sentences about the symbols, and wait for that inspired sentence to arise in your mind.

Home / Essays / Essay about the different symbols that exist in the novel, Lord of the Flies