Career goals - I really need to know how to start the introduction for scholarship essays

elliemae1997 1 / 3  
I need help fast. I need help doing my scholarship essay. The prompt is: complete a typed 750 - 1,000 word essay explaining career goals, leadership experience, community involvement and need for scholarship.I need to know how start the introduction because I never did one for scholarship essays I done others for other essays. I need help fast because this essay is due February 25, 2015.
EF_Jasmine - / 68 39  
I need help fast. I need help doing my scholarship essay. The prompt is: complete a typed 750 - 1,000 word essay explaining career goals, leadership experience, community involvement and need for scholarship. I need to know how start the introduction because I never did one for scholarship essays I done others for other essays. I need help fast because this essay is due February 25, 2015.

Hi! I won a scholarship once, so you are in luck, I can give you some suggestions on what worked for me:

Make it very personal. Your introduction should be a clear picture of who you are. The people giving the scholarship may not know you, but you want them to. You can describe yourself in a story and how you came on the path of...( whatever you are applying for). I wanted to be a teacher, so I described my first as experience working with children and how I was so scared, but eventually I knew it was what I wanted to do. Something of that nature may help you.

After that section off the other portions to describe each thing they are asking for:

1)Career goals
2)Leadership experience
3)Community involvement

The closing should explain why you are the best candidate and how you will use the opportunity to continue your goals related to your introduction.

Follow the exact prompt, but be unique and creative within the guidelines.

Good luck to you!
OP elliemae1997 1 / 3  
Thank you so much. It makes more sense now.
OP elliemae1997 1 / 3  
Do I need to title my essay?
EF_Jasmine - / 68 39  
Yes, please title it:)
OP elliemae1997 1 / 3  
I do not know what to title it. Can you help me? Do I need to use MLA or APA format?
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
My advice is - study the thousands of similar essays posted here and you will find a good idea about a title ;)
masktaz 6 / 15 3  
I'm in line with Rich Monte and let me share my points. You need to find out what the requirement qualities. If you know what qualities the organization is seeking in the winner, you can highlight those achievements that best showcase these qualities. Carefully read the organization's literature, website and publications to figure out what the judges seek. Or contact the organization directly to ask. Imagine how much stronger your application will be if you apply for these awards and know what the judges themselves think is most important.
ElsieMcHenry - / 3  
The first sentence of your scholarship application is your first, best and only chance to capture your reader's attention. So write an excellent introduction.Put it in your own words.Avoid clichés and tired phrases in the introduction. Establish a personal connection. keep in mind these points when writing an introduction.

Home / Essays / Career goals - I really need to know how to start the introduction for scholarship essays