Argumentative essay (5 different subjects) need hook, thesis, topic

achalhoub 1 / -  
Hi, really i need your help final exam on Wednesday and I have to prepare for 5 subject essays. I need your help to find good hook, and tebatable thesis and 3 topic senteces for each subject.

1- technology (does or does not) make one's life easier.
2- BP (should or should not) pay for all damages caused by the gulf of mexico oil spill.
3- the new immigration law in Arizona (is or is not) fair and reasonable.
4- A women (should or should not) abort an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy.
5- the US (should or should not) end the war immediately.

i appreciate your help and support
I'm sorry it took so long to respond to you!

Okay, you need to know how to mount a strong argument. First, decide what you want to say about each of the 5. For each, write a perfect sentence that expresses your main idea. We will build the essay around this sentence. This is the thesis sentence.

After writing that thesis sentence, write a hook... something intriguing that catches the attention. Then write a sentence to explain what you mean by this "hook" sentence.

Put the hook at the start of para #1, and put the thesis sentence at the end of it.

Next, write a topic sentence for each body paragraph you will write. Google this: topic sentence

In the second to last paragraph, talk about the opposite argument, why they are wrong and you are right.

Finally, write a thoughtful conclusion in which you really feel free to artfully express yourself about this truth you are conveying.

Let's see some of your writing!

:-)
AUnating - / 1  
(sacrifice is an essential development) - How do you write an argumentative essay?

Hi,

This is my first time here so please excuse me if I'm newb at this.

I have to write an argumentative essay on whether I agree or disagree that sacrifice is an essential development of the social order, of culture, and of economy. I have to use logical and specific answers, but I am LOST as to what exactly and how it is essential to the development of social, cultural, and economical order.
LeylaSamur - / 2  
Do some research on the topic. After coming up with some idea, brainstorm and decide your position on the topic. Then make a quick outline including the following:

Thesis
Topic paragraph 1
Topic paragraph 2
Topic paragraph 3

This will give you a layout of your paper. If your ogrganization is on point, your writing will be clear and easier for the sudience to interpret. Make sure your thesis is strong and includes your position on the subject. Your topic for each paragraph should support and back-up your thesis, and having 3 supportive paragraphs should be suitable. Sum up (in short, dont go into more detail or add new information) your thesis and supportive topics in your conclusion. Good luck!

Home / Essays / Argumentative essay (5 different subjects) need hook, thesis, topic