Home / Essays   % width NEW!

AMDA Los Angeles: challenging experience/ career goals/ people whom you admire

eliyawatss 1 / 1  
Hi! I have three essays I have to write that are only 250 words each for AMDA Los Angeles. However, my English teacher told me I had to make it super interesting and she started telling me basically that I had to write a novel in 250 words, three times. So I'm really stressing out. This essay was due a while ago and now as it's nearing the end of the school year, I really, really need to finish it. Before I let anyone read the essays, all I'm asking for are some tips on the style of writing each essay. For example, when is it okay to just "talk" about a subject?

First Essay: Describe a challenging experience you went through and what you learned for it.

For this essay I'm planning on writing about a house fire that happened when I was little, when my brother died and explaining how it affected my family and me personally. How can I describe this with out drawing it out too far but still have the same heart-felt effect?

Second Essay: What are your interests and career goals?

To put it plainly, my interests are music, psychology, and organization. I have for myself many career goals, which change from time to time given new information. My ultimate career goal, however, is to put into work my musical gifts and people skills into work and influence someone in whatever it is I wind up going into, be it music therapy, music performance, or music education. How can I draw this out and make it relevant to applying to this college?

Third Essay: Choose two people whom you admire in the performing arts and explain why.

I am going to chose Julie Andrews and Sutton Foster for their gentle, selfless performance ways. How can I give the reader incite on me as a person, performer, etc., and draw this out without saying too much?

Thank you very much!

Home / Essays / AMDA Los Angeles: challenging experience/ career goals/ people whom you admire