Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

It is not only Christopher who grows as a person. Discuss it on the basis of novel "The curious..."

paperTora 1 / 1  
This is my first time using this site and I'm not a very good essay writer. I have to write an essay on the novel, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. (I dislike the novel for many reasons but main one would be that Christopher is very prideful and annoying and it sadly reminds me of how I used to think when I was younger....)

Anyways the topic of the essay is:In 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time,' it is not only Christopher who grows as a person. Discuss

How to start my essay paragraphs... These are my topic sentences of my paragraphs:
- Christopher doesn't show signs of change but he becomes more independent as he faces difficult challenges.
- Father grows as a person as he accepts his mistake and commits to rebuilding his relationship with his son.
- From the beginning, mother was introduced as hot-tempered who could not deal with Christopher's behaviour problems but at the end of the novel, she becomes an independent woman and learns to cope with Christopher.

Not sure if I want to keep it this way, please suggest more ideas or rephrase my paragraph topic sentences??
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Tora, I am not quite sure about what did you mean. My question is, are you going to select one of those topic sentences or elaborate it to become 3 paragraphs for each topic sentence? Perhaps the thing that I would able to help is to rephrase your topic sentences.

Here you are:

1.

Christopher doesn't show signs of change but he becomes more independent as he faces difficult challenges.

- Difficult challenges lead Christopher to be more independent even though he does not indicate any signs of alteration.

2.

Father grows as a person as he accepts his mistake and commits to rebuilding his relationship with his son.

- By re-establishing his relationship with his son, father is able to grow become a person who accepts his past mistake.

3.

From the beginning, mother was introduced as hot-tempered who ...

- Since the beginning, Christopher's behavior becomes a problem which his mother could not deal due to her hot-tempered character, but then eventually she becomes an independent woman and learns to cope with Christopher at the end of the novel.

As you can see, I did some paraphrase towards you topic sentences. I hope it helps you.
Good luck for you assignment! :)
OP paperTora 1 / 1  
I was thinking of taking the topic sentences to have a paragraph each but I'm unsure how I should elaborate them
But thank you for the paraphrases, they sound much more sophisticated!

Home / Book Reports / It is not only Christopher who grows as a person. Discuss it on the basis of novel "The curious..."