Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

book on Man's Unconquerable Mind

smartguy2013 1 / -  
How to make a thesis for discussing Gilbert heights definition of Paideia, method of "training the thinker," and Potential and limits of knowledge. in the book Man's Unconquerable Mind
jnmsabila - / 1  
ECONOMICS / INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
The PhD candidate will participate in a group of linked projects analysing multinational firms' behaviour and their impact in home and host economies. The projects will focus on firm-level analysis in the electronics, financial services and tourism sectors, in both developing and developed economies. The candidate will participate in data construction on firms' trade, investment and production networks in these sectors and carry out case studies evaluating economic and other impacts of firms.

Profile:
-Master's degree in Economics, Business Administration or a related discipline -Familiar with quantitative and qualitative data and analytical methods, as well as the literature on foreign direct investment, international trade and international business.

Funding:
The PhD positions in political science/international relations are initially funded for 3 years; the PhD positions in law are funded for 2 years; the PhD position in economics/international business is funded for 3 years. The salary is determined according to the pay scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation.

MOTIVATION
I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for I Economics PhD Program at NCCR Trade Regulation which is the "National Centres of Competence in Research" funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. I believe that both my educational background, working experience and deep interest in the chosen field of study make me a very good candidate for the program.

As long as I remember myself I have always known that I want to study Economics and to be more specific its facets that concern International issues. That is why, when I was given an opportunity to choose the direction in which I may specialize at school, without any doubts I have chosen Economic class. I was studying only basics of Economics; however it only made my decision to continue in this direction stronger.

My childhood dream, that evolved to passion as I was growing up, left me no other choice, but to apply to World Trade Institute, at the NCCR Trade Regulation that attracts some of the best students from all over the world, it would provide me with an environment competitive enough to bring out the best in me.

In 2007, I have successfully graduated the University and obtained Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness with at the Sokoine University of Agriculture and obtained the Upper second division of 3.8. In 2011, I have continued my education further, but decided to widen my academic scope and applied for Master Programs in International Trade Law and Economics at the World Trade Institute, University of Bern, Switzerland.

I believe that any person specializing in International Studies should try to get as much international experience as possible. In the whole year starting from September 2010 to June 2011, I was given a great chance to do just that. Also for three weeks I have attended the introductory course on WTO at the World Trade Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland. This gave me an invaluable opportunity to work in multicultural environment and observe the decision making on the highest level. I also wanted to mention that in Bern and Geneva I have learnt about The World Trade Organisation for the first time and got very interested in Your PhD Program under the NCCRTrade regulation. However, I felt that before going further on the way of academic education, it would be useful to get some working experience.

During my time at the university I have developed interest in one of the aspects of International Trade, more specifically - International Economics; multinational firms' behavior and their impact in home and host economies; Micro Economics; Macro economics as well as Trade and Investment Issues. However, I wanted to combine my interest in this area with other knowledge I had. This desire resulted in the position of

Being promoted from Economist II to Economist I and becoming the Private Assistant to the Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Industry and Trade of where I am working to date. As an Economist I, I was involved not only in day-to-day activities indicated in a job description, but I was enjoying the opportunity to apply the international experience I have got. One of my most favorite responsibilities was participating in the Joint Cooperation Committees in the Negotiations between Tanzania and North Africa including East African Countries (EAC); Mediterranean Countries; Malta and Middle East. This in turn helps me to establish new business contacts with foreign companies. The work was so interesting and exciting that I became literarily soaked in it. To my luck this was noticed by the Ministry`s Top Management and in June 2009, I was promoted to the Position of Economist I and Private Assistant to the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Industry and Trade (the position I obtain till now).

Working experience received provided me with a deeper realization of importance of being competent in various spheres of International Trade; Economics; Marketing; |Industries: Small and Medium Enterprises; etc. are all very interdependent. Precise coordination of work of all the firm's departments and their understanding of needs of each other, that is what creates a real value for the Ministry. The understanding of this fact and my strong desire to become highly qualified manager of the top international level led me to the decision to continue my professional development and apply for a PhD Program.

The ambitions which I have just exposed to you need to be supported by a university that emphasises the diffusion of culture and knowledge and has a strong international focus. It is my firm conviction that The NCCR Trade Regulation, as an academic and cultural institution will allow me to live up to my potential and to achieve my aims. During the time of my Master Degree in International Trade Law at the World Trade Institutem Bern -Switzerland, I had an opportunity to visit and explore Your NCCR Trade Regulation is one of the "National Centres of Competence in Research. Afterwards I have continued my research on Your web site, for which I am very grateful as it has a lot of useful and interesting information. I see Your Institute as a composition of commitment, motivation and multiculturalism. Moreover, I am fond of the fact that orientation on the work of International Organizations is one of the cornerstones of its education and research programs.

I realize the highly competitive demands of the program I am applying to, but I also believe that I acquire enough educational background and skills, ambition and motivation to cope with the requirements for a successful study at the Institute. I would be honored with being accepted to Your Economics / International Business PhD Program at the NCCR Trade Regulation is one of the "National Centres of Competence in Research studies for academic year September 2013

Thank You very much for considering my application and for Your time!

Sincerely Yours,

ECONOMICS / INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS

Profile:

Funding:

MOTIVATION

Sincerely Yours,

Home / Book Reports / book on Man's Unconquerable Mind